Happy/sad/happy story- please read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy/sad/happy story- please read

Just read this on the judging forum, and was truly touched by the story of Rich LaTorre and his Dad. I apologize for cross-posting, but for those who don't look at that page (which I usually don't), here it is- a must read:

What is life really about- i.e. why live it at all, with all the garbage going on in the world today? THIS type of story is what it's about to me- loving and caring about who we love/care about, and enjoying what we enjoy- NOW- while we can because we just never know...

Although the story has a sad ending, I accept that we're all going to die someday; and at the same time I felt sad for Rich's loss, I was much more uplifted by the fact that he was able to get to SB with his dad, and did what just what he and his dad had hoped to do.

It is these types of stories that keep me willing to stand up and defy the problems in life and in the world- as God intended.[^]

Rich- I'm sorry for your loss, and very glad you were able to have that experience with your father. The car may stay with you, or it may not; it's just a thing... but those memories can NEVER be taken away form you.

P.S. Upon re-reading the title of this thread, I realized some might think it was to do with me and Linda; OT, she had her surgery yesterday, is doing great (but sore) and they found NO CANCER[^][^] Life is good, God is great, and more Studebakers will be coming to Studebakeracres on the IOMT[8D][8D][8D]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

quote:Originally posted by bams50
    she had her surgery yesterday, is doing great (but sore) and they found NO CANCER[^][^]
    That's great, Bob! Thanks for the update.

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50
      she had her surgery yesterday, is doing great (but sore) and they found NO CANCER[^][^]
      That's great, Bob! Thanks for the update.

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Bob; we all wish Linda well, and pray for a complete recovery!

Take care, from the (Wild) West!

Rich. Mike and Dave

StudeRich
        Studebakers Northwest
        Ferndale, WA
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Bob; we all wish Linda well, and pray for a complete recovery!

Take care, from the (Wild) West!

Rich. Mike and Dave

StudeRich
          Studebakers Northwest
          Ferndale, WA
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Excellent news about Linda, Bob... I know from personal experience that it lifts a great weight off of your shoulders.

<h5>Mark
            '57 Transtar
            3E-6/7-122
            </h5>

Mark Hayden
            '66 Commander

Comment

Excellent news about Linda, Bob... I know from personal experience that it lifts a great weight off of your shoulders.

<h5>Mark
              '57 Transtar
              3E-6/7-122
              </h5>

Mark Hayden
              '66 Commander

Comment

Thanks Bams. I still am trying to figure out the day to day with out my best buddie. I count myself lucky to have had many great years with him and to say he was my best friend. Many sons don't get that or even see it's value untill it is spent. I did. so did he.
                Just so you know....at the end we had time to say what we wanted to say. neither of us had much to add. we covered that ground before.
                I will miss him every day. god I do. sooooooo much. But life is too short to carry the weight of the dead. We go on.I live it the way he would have. If I do, I know he would be proud. That was his greatest gift to me.

glad the wife is good. scary stuff that.

64 Daytona HT
                64 GT R1 Hawk(pkg)
                Mohawk Trails Chapter SDC
                64 GT R1 4sp Hawk

Comment

Thanks Bams. I still am trying to figure out the day to day with out my best buddie. I count myself lucky to have had many great years with him and to say he was my best friend. Many sons don't get that or even see it's value untill it is spent. I did. so did he.
                  Just so you know....at the end we had time to say what we wanted to say. neither of us had much to add. we covered that ground before.
                  I will miss him every day. god I do. sooooooo much. But life is too short to carry the weight of the dead. We go on.I live it the way he would have. If I do, I know he would be proud. That was his greatest gift to me.

glad the wife is good. scary stuff that.

64 Daytona HT
                  64 GT R1 Hawk(pkg)
                  64 GT R1 4sp Hawk

Comment

I have a member of several different car clubs i.e. Corvett, Porsche, BMW, etc. but I have never been a part of group that has such feeling and compasion for their fellow members. You are great bunch of guys to be sure. There is npne of the pettiness that seems to be a part of many groups. I will have a Stude as soon as my real estate situation is resolved. By the way Bob, we are going up to see the "mouse" this weekend. Should I say Bob says "hey"?

Wayne

Comment

I have a member of several different car clubs i.e. Corvett, Porsche, BMW, etc. but I have never been a part of group that has such feeling and compasion for their fellow members. You are great bunch of guys to be sure. There is npne of the pettiness that seems to be a part of many groups. I will have a Stude as soon as my real estate situation is resolved. By the way Bob, we are going up to see the "mouse" this weekend. Should I say Bob says "hey"?

Wayne

Comment

Yeah, Wayne, tell hi! He should certainly remember us by now...

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Yeah, Wayne, tell hi! He should certainly remember us by now...

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Rich, my dad passed when I was 23. We too were very close, and I didn't think I could go on without him. Turned out I should, could, and did. As time goes on, you will see that gradually the bad things, like the details of his illness will fade, and the good memories won't. That's not much help to you now, but I promise it's true. All the best to you.

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Rich, my dad passed when I was 23. We too were very close, and I didn't think I could go on without him. Turned out I should, could, and did. As time goes on, you will see that gradually the bad things, like the details of his illness will fade, and the good memories won't. That's not much help to you now, but I promise it's true. All the best to you.

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Working...
                              X