Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1929 Studebaker house car.

This is just too cool!

It's long, but at about 18:15, they take for a drive and get it up to 65 mph!

Terry

Thats neat,still has the old stagecoach look.Check those other cars out thats for sale on that site...
    Thanks,
    Tony

Comment

Being owners and travelers in our GMC motorhome for several years, we both enjoyed the look at the video of this Stude "House Car", as it was called.

It's remarkable how far the motor car developed in that first quarter century.

"House Car" was, and maybe still is, the way these vehicles were referred to in the California Motor Vehicle Code.

Many thanks for the post and the link.

Don and Susan
      Stude devotees

1978 GMC motorhome (with an Onan generator)
      1954 Studebaker Commander Starliner
      1953 Studebaker Commander Starliner
      1964 Avanti R2
      1959 Lark Wagon V8 two door; passed on to another Stude lover.

Grandpa had a 1950 Champion, 1939 Commander and a 1939 Champion, all four door cars.

Comment

I wondered where this rig had gotten to! I was hoping it wasn't just sitting in storage somewhere. There was a thread a few years back about this vehicle and I even started building a model of it from a couple of 1/32 scale firetrucks, but got bogged down. I never knew what the back looked like until today.

Obviously lots to do on my version. I need to build a top, finish the windshield I started, add the doors, etc. I guess now I need to rework the way I was going to do the back.
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

Working...
        X