X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1950 Limo in garage fire

I think this car was in TW at one time.

Restorations by Skip Towne

Was that the fire that took all the steel buildings and the whole Studebaker car collection in Texas last year?

Would the heat from that affect the temper or strength of the steel in the car?
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

I'm pretty sure that is not the car most folks think it is.

This eBay car is a '50, and it's much shorter.

StudeDave '57
      StudeDave '57
      US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
      SDC Member since 1985

past President
      Whatcom County Chapter SDC
      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
      San Diego Chapter SDC
      North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
        Was that the fire that took all the steel buildings and the whole Studebaker car collection in Texas last year?

Texas? Or, perhaps David Walker's fire in North Carolina?
        Bo

Comment

No, it was NOT the same car. http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ght=volvo+fire

The one you are thinking of is a '51, and was stored in another building.

Craig

Comment

I've seen less worthy projects. I think that a parts car would be needed. I do have a set of headlight rims available for the lucky winner. An opportunity to have a 1 of a kind. I'd put it on an S 10 chassis and rent it out as a wedding limo service. A person could make some bucks if it looked good in an out; Might be worth 200 in scrap. cheers jimmijim
            sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

The body, no, the gears in the tranny and differ, yes, also the front suspension parts.

Comment

How sad. Might make a good rat rod, though. It has the correct "patina" for it.

Comment

Tough call here. Unless this particular car has a 'pedigree' and deserves to be restored; IMHO it would be better off restified i.e. with the S10 donor frame lengthened as per post #6.
                  --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Working...
                  X