1910 Studebaker.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1910 Studebaker.

I haven't built a model car kit for 48 years (when I was 12yo).
    I was a bit bored last weekend and decided to build this 1910 Studebaker Electric that I had laying around. It only had 14 parts to it, but I still rushed it! lol. Probably be another 48 years before I do another.
    Dave...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20140326_174642_LLS.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	1742912 Click image for larger version

Name:	20140326_174658_LLS.jpg
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	1742911 Click image for larger version

Name:	20140326_174713_LLS.jpg
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	1742913 Click image for larger version

Name:	20140326_174722_LLS.jpg
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	1742914
    Dave Pink
    Victoria, Australia

1916 SF Roadster
    1925 ER Tourer
    1925 Panel Delivery
    1953 Champion Sedan
    1957 Golden Hawk
    1971 Avanti II

Studebaker Car Club Of Australia Website
    http://www.studebakercarclub.net

Looks pretty good from here. You should try another.
    Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO

Comment

Dave, we have a member in our club who builds scale model trains (the ones you can sit on and ride around the park). He has been writing to the SNM for specs and measurements so he can scratch build a replica of the 1906 Studebaker that's in the museum. How cool would it be to see that thing turn up at a future National Meet?

Chris.

Comment

I like it!

About Chris' post, I think I'd be as likely, or more likely to contribute to a SNM project re-creating even non-running replicas of some of Studebaker's very early cars as I would to restore newer ones.
        "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Very nice!
          A friend here in St. Louis has a 1920 Detroit Electric in green and black, with a fake radiator to make it look more "normal.".
          Its a front seat/rear seat closed car with dual tillers, front and back.
          Apparently back in the day it was common to steer from the rear so that the paessengers could have the better view!

Comment

Good job! I've had one of those kits for over 20 years and maybe now I'll be inspired to actually build it.
            "In the heart of Arkansas."
            Searcy, Arkansas
            1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
            1952 2R pickup

Comment

[QUOTE=skyway;832988
              Apparently back in the day it was common to steer from the rear so that the paessengers could have the better view![/QUOTE]

If the car was driven from the back seat, then the passenger was between the driver and the accident!

Terry

Comment

I have that same model on my work table. Now I'm inspired to finally build it. Yours looks great.
                Rog
                '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                Smithtown,NY
                Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Working...
                X