Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Studebaker Mansion Stained Glass Panels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Mansion Stained Glass Panels?

Don't shoot me, I'm only the messenger.

Found this ad on craigslist. Says they have 4 panels that were from one of the Studebaker mansions. The only pic I've seen of J.M.'s Sunnyside mansion is at the SNM until I found these two. Torn down in 1950? or maybe late 50's? So maybe that's where they're from. I don't really know.

J.M. (John Mohler) Studebaker home (Sunnyside), E. Jefferson Blvd., South Bend, Indiana. Some interior and exterior shots.

Reception at Sunnyside Mansion, home of John Mohler Studebaker, East Jefferson Blvd., South Bend, Indiana

Last edited by Bordeaux Daytona; 03-25-2014, 01:40 PM.

Wow I love thoes but cant pay that kind of money for them. Hope someone saves them

Comment

If they really are what they say then they should be in the Northern Indiana Center for History that's attached to the SNM. I've never had a chance to go through it, too busy looking at the SNM displays.

Comment

Wonder what Studebaker estate it was from. Jacob and J.M. both built huge houses east of Eddy St. of which only the carriage house remains. Clem Jr. Also had a mansion there that was renovated and turned into Trinity School. Unbelievable that such beautiful and historic homes would be demolished.

Comment

These were for sale a few years ago. I called on them then and thought the price high.

Comment

Working...
          X