Austin Tx CL Film car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austin Tx CL Film car?

If someone could post the add for a 63 Wagonaire listed on the Austin TX CL I think it will be of interest to all. The add states that the car is believed to be the Studebaker film car for the salt flats. I bet Mr. Palma will have some thoughts on this one.

Mark

I sold that car to him.

Comment

Originally posted by ndynis View Post
      Oh well, I thought I had found a new car to talk about.

Mark

Comment

We can still talk about it. I purchased it a few years ago from a seller in IL. He suggested that the car might have been used at the flats because when he got it the signage was on the car. According to the build sheet it was shipped to a dealer in CA when it left the factory as an unsold car. I tried to verify if that car, or any wagionaire like it, had been used at the salt flats. I asked the SNM to research it for me and they could find nothing. I did find where the person who did the pin striping had signed the car (right under the tail gate window outside handle). I found a place about 100 or so miles from the salt flats with that name but the current owners couldn't help. I still keep an eye out every time I see a picture of Studes on the flats to see if one might be in the background. If I had found the Forum by then I would have been asking for help here.

Comment

Interesting, I too will start looking for photo's of the flats, who knows, it might have been a film car.

Mark

Comment

I'd drive it like it is. Does it have an R-1-2 engine#?
            101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

The reason I sold it was I had lost my covered storage for it and it was just too good of a car to set outside. I have to correct my statement about the purchase. I got it from KY not IL. It had a CA black plate on it when I got it and the plate went with the car when I sold it. If I had kept it I would have put clear coat over it and driven it just like it was. It was a good running engine and had a 2bbl on it when I sold it. I did throw in a 4bbl manifold with the sale I think he has put it on. I enjoyed driving that car and with the graphics, it always was an attraction wherever it went. I will try and attach a couple of photos and a copy of the production order if I can.Click image for larger version

Name:	Cal Plate-2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	1688382

Comment

Lets see if I can get the production order to uploadClick image for larger version

Name:	Production Order   - 63 Wagon.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	1688383

Comment

Working...
                X