1959 Silver Hawk Sill Plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1959 Silver Hawk Sill Plate

Can someone please recommend a source for sill plates with the correct curvature. I read here that some of the after market sill plates are straight. Thanks.

SI has new ones for $69.00 a pair. they are stainless and straight just the way they came from the factory.
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Comment

Originally posted by GinettaG12P View Post
      Can someone please recommend a source for sill plates with the correct curvature. I read here that some of the after market sill plates are straight. Thanks.
      Perhaps you are confused with the reproduction sill plates for 1953-1957 C/K models. They were originally reproduced as straight when they should have a curve, which they now do.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

My 1959 Silver Hawk has only one sill plate and it is curved, which is why I am seeking a curved mate.

Comment

The do curve to a degree as they are screwed to the floor. I have seen N.O.S. ones that were dead straight so whatever you buy will be straight also.

Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
            Perhaps you are confused with the reproduction sill plates for 1953-1957 C/K models. They were originally reproduced as straight when they should have a curve, which they now do.
            Where did you get the sill plates with the correct curve? I just bought a pair from one of our suppliers and they are straight, do not have a curled outer edge to fit over the flange on the floor pan, and have some of the screw holes in the wrong place (holes do not even match up on the two plates!)

Comment

Ok, here are photos of the problem. The original sill plate has a lip that curls under the edge of the floorpan; the replacement has an entirely different profile. The original sill plate is curved; the replacement is straight. The replacement is entirely unsatisfactory. Where do I get a sill plate that is a duplicate of the original sill plate?
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Profile of original.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	1688435Click image for larger version

Name:	Profile of replacement.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	1688436Click image for larger version

Name:	Curved original straight replacement.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	1688437

Comment

Still looking for a sill plate for my 1959 Silver Hawk. Here is the profile. Anybody got one? Please??? Thanks.Click image for larger version

Name:	Profile of original.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	1688450

Comment

So it looks like the confusion is NOT about the lengthwise curvature UP like so many mentioned, but it is the whole length curved UNDER outer lip that should be correct.
                  So does anyone have any new repro's that match THAT description?
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I've got that profile in stainless steel from GT Hawk. Shiny. cheers jimmijim
                    Originally posted by GinettaG12P View Post
                    Still looking for a sill plate for my 1959 Silver Hawk. Here is the profile. Anybody got one? Please??? Thanks.[ATTACH=CONFIG]33632[/ATTACH]
                    sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

The GT Hawks did have a slightly different scuff trim than earlier (1958-61 Hawks). They have thew same appearance when in place but the later cars have the fully rolled edge rather than just the 90 degree fold.

Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                        So it looks like the confusion is NOT about the lengthwise curvature UP like so many mentioned, but it is the whole length curved UNDER outer lip that should be correct.
                        So does anyone have any new repro's that match THAT description?
                        Close, but no cigar. There is a lengthwise curvature as well as a curled under lip. Someone must have one to sell PLEASE??

Comment

Working...
                        X