63 Avanti with Factory A/C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63 Avanti with Factory A/C

I am wondering if anyone would happen to know how many of the 1963 Avantis had factory air conditioning. If not, perhaps someone can suggest where I might find the information. Thanks, Paul

1963 - 874
    1964 - 222
    Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
    Fort Worth, TX

Comment

Thanks for the speedy reply! Out of curiosity, where can data like this be found? Are you a member of the Avanti Owners Group on Facebook? I am one of the administrators and encourage you to join if you haven't already do so. Thanks, again.

Comment

Avanti Data Book available from Studebaker Musuem. Got to have book!
        Fort Worth, TX

Comment

I just ordered it; thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by pjd822 View Post
            Thanks for the speedy reply! Out of curiosity, where can data like this be found? Are you a member of the Avanti Owners Group on Facebook? I am one of the administrators and encourage you to join if you haven't already do so. Thanks, again.
            I am not a member of your group on Facebook as I don't do Facebook for anyone and I know that I am far from alone on this Forum in that regard.

I have owned three Avantis in the past and am in the market for another now.

I was surprised to see that you are in Highland. I am just across the river from you. In fact, I was in Highland on Thursday on my way to a meeting in Milton.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Gary, do you ever go the Saturday cruise nights at the Highland McDonalds? If so, you might have seen my Avanti there. I don't go every Saturday, but weather permitting I will attend the first one this upcoming season.

Comment

Gary, do you ever go the Saturday cruise nights at the Highland McDonalds? If so, you might have seen my Avanti there. I don't go every Saturday, but weather permitting I will attend the first one this upcoming season.
                Rarely attend that one since there are so many cruise-ins and shows on this side of the river. I was last there with my 1959 resto-mod pickup (second thought - I have been there since then as a spectator.).
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

it look like a bit less than 1/4 of production....1100 out for 4600.
                  I wonder how that compares with its competitors of the day...Corvettes, and Riverias, T-Birds and the like?
                  63 Avanti R1 2788
                  1914 Stutz Bearcat
                  (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

The percentage is somewhat higher inasmuch as only the R1s were available with a/c.
                    Originally posted by JBOYLE View Post
                    it look like a bit less than 1/4 of production....1100 out for 4600.
                    I wonder how that compares with its competitors of the day...Corvettes, and Riverias, T-Birds and the like?

Comment

The percentage is somewhat higher inasmuch as only the R1s were available with a/c.
                      2282 R1's and 874 equipped with AC.
                      Fort Worth, TX

Comment

Now ask how many R-1's had AC and four speeds??

Comment

Ac was something not too common on north eastern or north west parts of the country,back then,but in the midwest you would truly suffer without it.
                          Bez Auto Alchemy
                          573-318-8948
                          http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Hawklover View Post
                            Now ask how many R-1's had AC and four speeds??
                            All the Avanti stats available from the data book as stated in post 4. More on it here: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ghlight=husvar

Craig

Comment

If ever a car needed AC, it is the Avanti. That and the Sunbeam Tiger I also own are the two cars which will roast driver and passenger alive.

jack vines
                              PackardV8

Comment

Working...
                              X