1950/52 Champion 4 door hybrid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1950/52 Champion 4 door hybrid

No, not a gas/electric combo. Found this on Craigslist. Has a 50 clip and a 52 back end. Judging from the photos, the swap must have been made "back in the day." Looks like it's been this way for a long, long time. Not much meat left on these bones. Thought it was kind of interesting, is all.

This seems to be a popular swap and when done correctly (and this may have been done correctly) it does not look bad. For me I love the '52 front end and would choose to leave it that way. But that is jut me.......
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

At first I thought this was a 50 with some 52 bits, but the recess in the firewall shows it was designed for a V-8.
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

4-bolt wheels makes it seem like even more of a mutt
        sigpic
        JohnP, driving & reviving
        60 Lark & 58 Scotsman 4dr

Comment

Originally posted by southbend View Post
          No, not a gas/electric combo. Found this on Craigslist. Has a 50 clip and a 52 back end. Judging from the photos, the swap must have been made "back in the day." Looks like it's been this way for a long, long time. Not much meat left on these bones. Thought it was kind of interesting, is all.
          It could have been in a rear-ender accident "back in the day" when Studebakers were common daily-driver used cars. I could see it being an instance of a '52 trunklid and taillights being substituted as they may have been readily available when they were needed, and since it didn't involve modification to fit a '50, the owner wouldn't have cared as long as he or she got their car back on the road as soon as possible.

Craig

Comment

Needs a little work.
            Rog
            '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
            Smithtown,NY
            Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

It looks a lot better than the 51 Clown car/truck shown by southbend!

Comment

Working...
              X