Nothing left to the imagination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing left to the imagination

O have seen many detailed descriptions (not enough, actually) on ebay, but I believe this one takes the cake. What did he leave out?

A word is worth a thousand pictures?
    Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

No bidder can claim they were deceived! I am all for full disclosure. For a sedan, what's not to like?
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

he is going to let the pictures sell the car, low starting bid, and worth every cent.
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

I've seen this outfit run ads before. They do this with all their cars. They've tried a few times to sell a '59 Edsel. Bidding got up to what I considered was a reasonable amount for the car's condition--it was a plain Jane Ranger 4 door sedan. Reserve not met. They also had a '60 Edsel that didn't make the reserve. Probably consignment cars, but I'm only guessing. They seem to specialize in #4 and #3 cars, from the ones I've seen them advertise. More sellers could learn a lesson or two from this firm (and Mr. Steinkamp) when it comes to publishing photos. Almost like being there in person, isn't it?

Comment

Looks like they spent a lot of time detailing the heck out of it. Good job.

Comment

Needs total restoration but a soild car to start with and one a guy could drive and work on at the same time for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Ensley View Post
                O have seen many detailed descriptions (not enough, actually) on ebay, but I believe this one takes the cake. What did he leave out?
                The battery? The battery hold-down? The air cleaner? BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Dilling View Post
                  A word is worth a thousand pictures?
                  He saves us 306,000 words of text in that case!!

Craig

Comment

It will be interesting to see if this car sells, and at what price. VERY solid, unrestored '50! Could that be original paint, or a very old repaint?? Too bad its so far away from me, or I'd be tempted to pull the trigger!!

Comment

Originally posted by sochocki View Post
                      It will be interesting to see if this car sells, and at what price. VERY solid, unrestored '50! Could that be original paint, or a very old repaint?? Too bad its so far away from me, or I'd be tempted to pull the trigger!!
                      Looks like an older repaint judging by the paint on the firewall. I think the dash has been repainted, too. Original color for '50 Champions was a kind of bronze/tan color.

Comment

Well...from the pics I see...flaking/failing paint...wavy panels..."SOLID" is not and adjective I would use. I'd use a cautious "POTENTIAL" and bid accordingly if I were in the market for this type of car. Having dismantled so-called "solid" cars, such as this, you never know 'till they're apart, what's there to work with.

As for this seller...looks like these folks are someone Bob Andrews could learn a lot from. If you look at their "OTHER ITEMS" on Ebay...it is obvious that they are operating (in a big way) a business specializing in vintage classic vehicles.
                        John Clary
                        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I especially like the carpet. Had some just like it in a house we owned in 1965.

Comment

The paint looks like it was sprayed with a 1958 Kirby Vacuum Cleaner, with never rubbed out Lacquer the wrong color!
                            StudeRich
                            Second Generation Stude Driver,
                            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                            X