Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where's our young buddy Chris_Dresbach????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's our young buddy Chris_Dresbach????

Sometime today, I clicked on an old thread that had a comment by Chris. Then, I realized that I have not seen a post in some time. I always enjoyed his youthful enthusiasm.

I hope all is well with him.
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Originally posted by jclary View Post
    Sometime today, I clicked on an old thread that had a comment by Chris. Then, I realized that I have not seen a post in some time. I always enjoyed his youthful enthusiasm.

I hope all is well with him.
    I was wondering the same. Where are you Chris?

Stu Chapman

Comment

I seem to recall he'd been accepted into the Fire Department, perhaps he's in training?
      John Clements
      Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Girlfriend keeping him busy?
        sigpic
        In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

He stopped by yesterday to pick a champ seat. I think Ed Reynolds and the rookie school are keeping him pretty busy. He has made some mention of females.

Comment

Saw him Tuesday at SI. He is well. Busy at sorting and inventorying parts and fire training.

Comment

Glad to hear Chris is OK and busy.
              Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
              '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
              '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
              '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

Thanks Jim. A while back...someone posted a similar inquiry about me. At that time, I had been hit with a bad case of vertigo. If any of you have ever had this malady, you know how difficult it is to focus on anything while your are nauseated and the world is spinning.

If Chris is too busy doing worthwhile activities...I'll happily cheer him on.
                John Clary
                Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Uh-oh. Someone mentioned female. BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

That 1940 Champion of his is guaranteed to 'pull the chicks''!

Specially with an R1 grille emblem!

Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                      Uh-oh. Someone mentioned female. BP
                      You realize of course how some females react when they see a man in uniform. Firefighters in uniform can really attract the ladies, particularly young firefighters.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Originally posted by Stu Chapman View Post
                        You realize of course how some females react when they see a man in uniform. Firefighters in uniform can really attract the ladies, particularly young firefighters.

Stu Chapman
                        Wait a minute Stu, I'm an old firefighter and I look good in my class A uniform! My wife tells me so anyway. Hehehe
                        sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
                        Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
                        "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

He must be playing with his hose! (fire hose that is!!)
                          )
                          Jamie McLeod
                          Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
                          1958 Commander "Christine"
                          1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
                          1955 Commander Sedan
                          1964 Champ
                          1960 Lark

Comment

When my wife and I were in South Bend for the '12 International Meet, we visited the Studebaker Int'l new facility. Chris gave groups of people tours of the facility and we saw a bunch of parts that had yet to be inventoried. All that stuff came from SASCO. I couldn't believe all those parts, many of which were from the '30s. I didn't realize that Studebaker used that plant to produce trucks and airplane engines for the war effort.
                            What a history!!!
                            Chis is a fine young man and I know he'll be successful.
                            Rog
                            '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                            Smithtown,NY
                            Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

It took me a little while to decide how I wanted to address this, but I am still around. Back in December stuff got crazy here on the forum, from a moderators perspective. At the same time, stuff got double crazy politically in the Michiana Chapter. I won't go into the details of what happened, but I decided that I needed to take a far step back and take a break. The only exception was to fulfill my obligation here as a moderator, which I still do. Even then, the only time I would really "jump to it" is if somebody reported a post (we automatically get emails when that happens) or if I just happened to see something when I would periodically check in. As for the Michiana Chapter, my last nerve was struck earlier this year. I was already elected as Secretary, and I figured that I needed to also fulfill that obligation; but I highly doubt I'm going to go for reelection.

So, the moral of the story is that I just needed an extended break. Shoot, this is my first post in 2014 and it's March! The dust has settled here on the forum, so I might get back into it a little at a time. I'm still working at SI. Right now we're in the process of getting ready for the May meet. At work I finally got my own desk and a swivel chair, so I'm all happy right now. The Fire Department has also been keeping me busy. For the past few months all of us recruits have been training to become EMTs and yesterday we all passed our state practicals. Monday I'm taking my written test and when I pass I'll be a certified EMT. And even when I'm in my Class B uniform, there a no women in my life right now. You would be shocked at how hard it is to find one that would want a guy that makes good money working a full time job and is also training to be a firefighter...
                              Chris Dresbach

Comment

Working...
                              X