Jet Thrust Daytona Production #'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jet Thrust Daytona Production #'s

Can anyone tell me how many '64 Daytona 4-doors were built with an R1? Thanks -Will

quote:Originally posted by wcarroll@outrageous.net

Can anyone tell me how many '64 Daytona 4-doors were built with an R1? Thanks -Will
    Will: They built 11 [Eleven] R1-powered 1964 Daytona 4-doors.
    Did you buy 64V11104 (Bermuda Brown, brown individual cloth seats, R1/4-speed) that has been for sale in Crawfordsville IN for some time? [] BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by wcarroll@outrageous.net

Will: They built 11 [Eleven] R1-powered 1964 Daytona 4-doors.
      Did you buy 64V11104 (Bermuda Brown, brown individual cloth seats, R1/4-speed) that has been for sale in Crawfordsville IN for some time? [] BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

13 were made with R series engines, maybe 6-9 were R1's. (if I'm reading the list right) Bob Palma may have the exact figure.

JDP/Maryland
        64 R2 GT cost to date $55046.57
        64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
        63 Lark 2 door
        58 Packard HT
        56 Golden Hawk
        52 Starliner
        51 Commander
        39 Coupe express
        39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

13 were made with R series engines, maybe 6-9 were R1's. (if I'm reading the list right) Bob Palma may have the exact figure.

JDP/Maryland
          64 R2 GT cost to date $55046.57
          64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
          63 Lark 2 door
          58 Packard HT
          56 Golden Hawk
          52 Starliner
          51 Commander
          39 Coupe express
          39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

Will & JP: It looks like only TWO of the R-powered Daytona 4-Drs. were R2s: 64V1335 and 64V1387. The other 11 were R1s.

Ironically, the two R2 cars were almost twins: Both were Bordeaux Red with black vinyl interiors and power steering [u]BUT</u> 1335 was a Powershift, whereas 1387 was a 4-speed! Cool beans. [:0] BP

Comment

Will & JP: It looks like only TWO of the R-powered Daytona 4-Drs. were R2s: 64V1335 and 64V1387. The other 11 were R1s.

Ironically, the two R2 cars were almost twins: Both were Bordeaux Red with black vinyl interiors and power steering [u]BUT</u> 1335 was a Powershift, whereas 1387 was a 4-speed! Cool beans. [:0] BP

Comment

The Power Shift car 64V1335, may be the one I saw at Paxton Products Div. in 1964 being driven by one of the Granatellis most likely it was in the street in front. That's how I remember it anyway, Bordeaux Red R2 (could have been a Cruiser though). It may have been delivered to Paxton in Santa Monica, CA.

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

Ironically, the two R2 cars were almost twins: Both were Bordeaux Red with black vinyl interiors and power steering [u]BUT</u> 1335 was a Powershift, whereas 1387 was a 4-speed!
                StudeRich
                Studebakers Northwest
                Ferndale, WA
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

The Power Shift car 64V1335, may be the one I saw at Paxton Products Div. in 1964 being driven by one of the Granatellis most likely it was in the street in front. That's how I remember it anyway, Bordeaux Red R2 (could have been a Cruiser though). It may have been delivered to Paxton in Santa Monica, CA.

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

Ironically, the two R2 cars were almost twins: Both were Bordeaux Red with black vinyl interiors and power steering [u]BUT</u> 1335 was a Powershift, whereas 1387 was a 4-speed!
                  StudeRich
                  Studebakers Northwest
                  Ferndale, WA
                  StudeRich
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Hi Guys. Thanks for the info. This car is 64V12308 with engine JTK314. It was purchased new by a woman in Redding Ca. and it's Bordeaux Red with red interior. It has factory AC, manual steering and manual brakes. It's pretty much an all original 46k mile car. The interior is nearly perfect and the exterior is very presentable because it has always been garaged. The car is down at the exhaust shop as we speak getting a whole new system installed. Can't wait to hear that R1 sing through it's new pipes

Comment

Hi Guys. Thanks for the info. This car is 64V12308 with engine JTK314. It was purchased new by a woman in Redding Ca. and it's Bordeaux Red with red interior. It has factory AC, manual steering and manual brakes. It's pretty much an all original 46k mile car. The interior is nearly perfect and the exterior is very presentable because it has always been garaged. The car is down at the exhaust shop as we speak getting a whole new system installed. Can't wait to hear that R1 sing through it's new pipes

Comment

WCarroll...I assume you bought the car? I had seen it on the Redding Craigslist but wasn't sure if they knew what they were talking about.

Ok guys educate me. I thought that the R1 engine was a 289 with the cam. This car was advertised as a 259 R1. He has JT engine number for it, but that 259 R1 in the ad had me believing that the owner was playing games trying to draw on the R1 performance for sales when it was only a 259.....Educate me so I know next time.

'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
                        '64 Daytona HT
                        \'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
                        \'64 Daytona HT

Comment

WCarroll...I assume you bought the car? I had seen it on the Redding Craigslist but wasn't sure if they knew what they were talking about.

Ok guys educate me. I thought that the R1 engine was a 289 with the cam. This car was advertised as a 259 R1. He has JT engine number for it, but that 259 R1 in the ad had me believing that the owner was playing games trying to draw on the R1 performance for sales when it was only a 259.....Educate me so I know next time.

'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
                          '64 Daytona HT
                          \'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
                          \'64 Daytona HT

Comment

So Will, is this R1 Daytona Sedan a Power Shift (Automatic) or a 4 speed manual? []

StudeRich
                            Studebakers Northwest
                            Ferndale, WA
                            StudeRich
                            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

So Will, is this R1 Daytona Sedan a Power Shift (Automatic) or a 4 speed manual? []

StudeRich
                              Studebakers Northwest
                              Ferndale, WA
                              StudeRich
                              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                              X