57-58 fiberglass front ends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 57-58 fiberglass front ends

I have two fiberglass front ends (and they are in great condition) for the 57-58 Transtar trucks for sale. If you are interested please let me know. (dealers are welcome) I want to find a good home for these guys because I know they are rare and hard to find!

How much do you want?
    Dwayne Jacobson

Comment

How about some pictures and prices?

Comment

Please define "fiberglass front ends".

Are you talking about just the Doehler fiberglass grilles that were used for those years, or are you talking about complete front ends with both fenders, hood, and grille that some rodders used as front tilt access to the engine compartment?
        \'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
        \'64 Daytona HT

Comment

I'll take some pics later today or tomorrow and post them. (they are just the grilles)

Comment

Just asking, are '57-58 any different than '59-64?

jack vines
            PackardV8

Comment

I do not see any reason for a difference between the '57-'58 Pickups and my '62 1 Ton, except I have the Big Truck Fenders with larger wheelwells, maybe that does not change anything.
              I guess we're both too lazy to look it up, huh Jack?
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

My money's on they are all the same.
                Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
                Just asking, are '57-58 any different than '59-64?

jack vines
                Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

My 59 might make a good home for one of the fiberglass grilles. What would you be asking for one? Wondering what their color's are and waiting for pics!

Comment

After talking to Rich on the phone today (I always love talking to him because he's like a walking encyclopedia for Studebakers and he's just plain cool) I have some more information for you. Seems they made these grills (actually they are the whole nose piece) to add to the 57 and 58 yrs to boost sales without having to redesign the whole truck. And since they did look so cool it actually worked. So they can be retro fitted (which they were in the first place) to many different yrs.

Now I don't know how many of you have heard of the Hazzard collection in Boise but that's where these parts (and others) are coming from. About 7 or 8 yrs ago I was the only person allowed by the family to take pics and advertise the cars and parts. At that time there was about 150 cars and thousands of new dealer parts still in the box. Rich and his son were the first honest people I met and I made them a promise that they would have first crack at anything and everything. So I'm going to take a bunch of pics and send them to Rich. And like before they'll probably drive down here and haul a bunch of stuff back home. So if there's something you want you should probably contact him or me to see if it's here. That way when Rich comes down (gas and time ain't cheap you know?) he can make it a more affordable visit for everyone. Not only that but that way you can deal with someone you know you can trust to get your parts and get them to you.

Comment

Working...
                    X