Radiator Interchagne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool/Heat: Radiator Interchagne

Anyone know what radiators fit a 53 Commander? I found this one on ebay but it is only for 49-52 Studes. Anyone know if I can modify the brackets to make it work?

Andres Garcia
    Fairfax, VA - Philadelphia, PA

1953 Studebaker Starliner - Check out this project!

1963 Studebaker GT Hawk - Check out this project!

Bear in mind that will take some modifications--both to the radiator and to the mount. I just installed one in my 53--some details are in my build blog linked below. It is getting very hard to find good ones--I had purchased two and both were beyond repair according to the local radiator shop once they got into it.

Others have had some custom made to fit--not sure about the cost but I know I would have saved quite a bit of time and effort if I had gone that way.
    Dave Nevin
    Corvallis, OR
    1953 Champion Deluxe Coupe
    Stud-e-venture blog

Comment

I Have found nothing tht just "Fits". You have a modified or want an original type? I just had an aluminum one built for my 53. My original rad is good, but I am installing a modified engine.

The one you are looking at on ebay is too tall for a c/k. You have a problem with modifying the core support on original car unless you modify front sway bar.
      Last edited by Flashback; 03-15-2014, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by afgarcia86 View Post
        Anyone know what radiators fit a 53 Commander? I found this one on ebay but it is only for 49-52 Studes. Anyone know if I can modify the brackets to make it work?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/American-Eag...-/271424149607
        I see a lot of those 49 to 52 radiators. It will not fit a 49 as it will be too wide. The radiator opening in 1950 or 51 was widened I believe. The 47 to 49 are all narrower at least for the Champion - than for the 50 and up. The 49 is the same width as the 48 to 48 but is a little thicker with an extra core added. Something to keep in mind if you need a 47 to 49 radiator for a Champion.
        Neil

Comment

I think I have an extra and I do have a car going to Philadelphia soon...Bob
          Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

Hey Bob, could you let me know via a PM how much you want. I was going to PM you but it's not easy via the mobile app. I know Matt is waiting on that 53 I believe he bought from you.
            Andres Garcia
            Fairfax, VA - Philadelphia, PA

1953 Studebaker Starliner - Check out this project!

1963 Studebaker GT Hawk - Check out this project!

Comment

Working...
            X