C/L find: listed 6 hrs ago; nice '65 Daytona 2 dr in TN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C/L find: listed 6 hrs ago; nice '65 Daytona 2 dr in TN

These seem to be pretty hot right now among Studebaker folks here. Just found this one on C/L posted about 6 hours ago. Looks like it could be a good one at a pretty fair price.

I like the color. That car would have easily sold at York for 4000.00 had it been there. cheers jimmijim
    sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Very nice dash for a car that has spent its whole life in the "Sun belt."

Comment

Looks nice. This is a relisting. It's been on and off CL since last fall. VMR tabs a #2 Daytona from this year at $7,450.

Comment

Tabs will be tabs
          sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Didn't know its fair market value. Not into the '60s cars, as you can probably tell from my avatar and signature photo.

Comment

Except for the engine appearance, its very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by EssexExport View Post
                Except for the engine appearance, its very nice.
                I was wondering how the engine could be so rusty on an otherwise-nice-looking car!

What color is that? I'm not sure I've seen a '65 that color before.

The car looks nice and the '65 Daytona has essentially the '64-65 Cruiser all-vinyl interior--very nice.

Look for frame cracks up front around the spring pockets. The V8 '65 and '66 two-door sedans both have the lighter 13-gauge frame--it's in the '65-66 Shop Supplement so it's not a wives' tale. The two-door sedans are the only Studebakers of those years to have that light of a frame.
                Last edited by Bill Pressler; 03-15-2014, 10:59 AM.
                Bill Pressler
                Kent, OH
                (formerly Greenville, PA)
                Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                All are in Australia now

Comment

My southern geography is rusty, depending on where Corinth is and where in Alabama it's been, my thought is that engine has been around ocean air possibly causing that rusting. My guess.

Comment

The other possible reason for all that rust is Rodents! It really does appear to be some of them living under the hood, maybe in a Barn. That would also possibly explain the no Sun fading of the Interior or Exterior.
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

[

What color is that? I'm not sure I've seen a '65 that color before.

That color is called Sienna Red, its a Studebaker color for 65, I owned one the same color, still have it......Keep on Studebakering

Comment

Not a bad looking car at all. It would be nice to get the vin # as the famous "yellow valve covers" look to be original so we can get an idea when they stopped painting them yellow. Add it to the registry too.
                        59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                        60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                        61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                        62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                        62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                        62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                        63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                        63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                        64 Zip Van
                        66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                        66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

That car has been for sale online before. I have the picture of the trunk dealer sticker from November 2011
                          64 GT Hawk (K7)
                          1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

I bought my 63 Lark from him two years ago, both were "Barn" or "Shed" type finds. My car had little rust, but everything else was dry rotted. He is a nice enough guy , just a little proud of his stuff.
                            sigpic
                            Tim Johnston
                            Collierville TN

Comment

Working...
                            X