Body Parts Supplement for Super Larks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body Parts Supplement for Super Larks

Is there a body parts supplement for R series cars. I bought a new Body Parts Catalog (October 1963) and it has no plate graphics or any part number references for any R series parts. Nothing is listed in any of the 63 and 64 V model cars. So how would a dealer know or discuss part numbers with the factory?
    Start and Stage Your Studebakers

Is it the black and white book or the newer 64 book. The newer book has the information in the back. Don't think the 63 does.

Mark

Comment

No there is not, they incorporated the New Jet Thrust Section into the 1964 update, called the '59-'64 Chassis Parts Catalog.
      I don't know of any JT changes or additions to the '59-'64 Body Parts Catalog.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

The only thing I am aware of is different emblems/badges they used. As far as the bodies, they were the same. Shifter bases that were made of fiberglass were used on cars that were not JT equipped.
        59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
        60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
        61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
        62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
        62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
        62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
        63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
        63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
        64 Zip Van
        66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
        66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Manual is a S.I. reprint and is red/white cover. Very nice for all the non R models. Didn't know it was lacking in R data. Can we start a listing sheet here perhaps of Super Lark body parts and engine bay parts, etc. Or can you get the addendum as a separate item?
          Start and Stage Your Studebakers

Comment

Originally posted by 11SecAvanti View Post
            Manual is a S.I. reprint and is red/white cover. Very nice for all the non R models. Didn't know it was lacking in R data. Can we start a listing sheet here perhaps of Super Lark body parts and engine bay parts, etc. Or can you get the addendum as a separate item?
            Buy the '59 - '64 Chassis Parts Book. You will find everything you are looking for.

Comment

As Warren said, there are no body changes in the R-powered cars, so no changes to the body parts catalog were necessary. The mechanical parts are in the green pages in the 59-64 chassis book. The emblems are on the front fenders and grille, which are described in the chassis parts book.
              Skip Lackie

Comment

Manual is a S.I. reprint and is red/white cover.
                1959/64 Body Parts Catalog has a red/white cover, but the Jet Thrust and related parts begin on page 513 in the Chassis Parts Catalog that has a green/white cover.

Comment

Working...
                X