OPTING OUT---Just Getting Started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPTING OUT---Just Getting Started

Time moves on with mixed emotions. I thought it kind of ironic, that when I signed in, there was Roscomacaw's opting out post, and right behind it was Hambone's Just Getting Started. One with over 15 thousand posts and another with under 10 posts. It saddens us to have one of the family to kinda retire from us. But, there is another to start right behind. I will miss you Roscomacow, and I will welcome you Hambone.

it's sad when we lose a SDC member plus someone that has so much info, etc. and shares freely. i'm hoping he'll be back around soon.

on the other hand, it's great to see new folks coming to Studebakers, the forum, and hopefully the SDC!

i suggest folks should remember the "sticky" at the top of the "General Section", and give new posters a "Laurel and Hardy" welcome (a little Blazing Saddles lingo). that includes the purists not "blasting" them at the start if the new poster is thinking about mods...
    Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Interests come and go, and then come around again. Other interests may take priority for a while, but cars get in one's blood. Once a car guy, always a car guy.

Comment

I'm opting out of the opting out choices by me.. . I am only too happy to belong to an organization that relishes things that are favoritisms of mine. I didn't voluntarily opt out of the music business forever, however, a drunk drivers actions kinda left that choice unavailable to me. I was non-opted out of a lot of things at that same time. I've always been thick skinned. I'm thankful to see daylight every morning and still be able to drive my Stude. I choose to allot my time to many things that are dear or interesting to myself. My plate may never be full. {I hope} no pin required. cheers jimmijim
        sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Studebob, Roscomacaw, Mr. kabchef, will not be the first time opted out.
          All of us must, at some point, step back and gain a renewed perspective. Perhaps to return at some later time with horizons refreshed!
          Brad Johnson,
          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

From one who has not been as active in the past few years as he had earlier, Brad's words are well spoken. All of us have varied interests and have to decide what is most important at any given times. While we do all depart from time to time we do all eventually do return on some level and hopefully these folks will too.
            sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Most posters are very active while they have a project going and need advice. Some people stay to check on others progress or lend advice, but eventually everyone needs a break.
              The saddest part is people leaving the SDC too. There have been times in my life when I was not active in the club for various reasons, but I maintained my membership and later jumped back to the active side.
              "In the heart of Arkansas."
              Searcy, Arkansas
              1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
              1952 2R pickup

Comment

I guess Roscomacaw didn't opt out after all?????

Comment

No of course Bob did not, he said he would still be here from time to time. Remember, many people read this Forum without Posting also.

I find it loses all the fun though if you do not Log In, because you can't view most of the Pictures!
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                  X