Speaking of Stude meets...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of Stude meets...

Any of you CA. people or specifically SoCal people heading to the Petersen Museum this Sunday (16th) for the Winter Meet ?

Mike
    Last edited by Mike Van Veghten; 03-13-2014, 01:54 PM.

I certainly hope so! We should have an excellent turnout. Weather forecast is for around 80 degrees.
    For those who don't know, we have invited the Hudson, Essex, Terraplane club to join us and we expect them to bring 10 or more cars. Should be a great meet. Join us!!
    Thanks for the plug Mike!
    Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
    '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
    '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
    '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

You can bet that my Wife and I will be there,
      We will drive our '50 Starlight Coupe from Frazier Park.
      Should be an exciting trip, and a fun day.......

Comment

Mike, and everyone else, meet me in the swap meet area.

doug

Comment

I flew back to SoCal yesterday evening.

Even though I am StudeLess- I may drop in for kicks.
          StudeDave '57
          US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
          SDC Member since 1985

past President
          Whatcom County Chapter SDC
          San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
          San Diego Chapter SDC
          North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

I know that the Petersen Museum is a famous place and Petersen publications were my hotrod mag faves, but I would settle for a day at Bob Petersen's place or follow him around for a day. Good luck at the meet.
            Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

StudeDave57 I hope to see you again at our meet Sunday.
              '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)

Comment

Joy has even said she wants to come. She enjoys taking pictures & loves going to the Petersen so you might just say "Hi" if you see a blonde, about 5'5 walking around with a camera. I should have my Stude Internet badge on unless one of the grandkids get ahold of it before then.
                59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                64 Zip Van
                66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Bummer- only six of us are gonna be there...

StudeDave '57
                  StudeDave '57
                  US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                  SDC Member since 1985

past President
                  Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                  San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                  San Diego Chapter SDC
                  North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

You will be in good Studebaker company!

Comment

Yes - I can't wait to go!
                      Scott Rodgers
                      Los Angeles
                      SDC Member since 1989
                      \'60 Lark HT
                      \'63 Wagonaire
                      \'66 Frankenbaker

Comment

I'm glad everyone is looking forward to our meet tomorrow.
                        We should have great weather and a fantastic selection of Studebakers, plus Hudsons (and hopefully some Packards, Erskines and a Rockne or two).
                        Also, no marathon closing freeways and the change to daylight savings time is already complete.
                        See you tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by warrlaw1 View Post
                          I know that the Petersen Museum is a famous place and Petersen publications were my hotrod mag faves, but...
                          I would settle for a day at Bob Petersen's place or follow him around for a day.
                          Robert Petersen is as dead as Julius Caesar, and if you see a short blonde walking around with a camera, it could be "She...who must be obeyed."

She and I both attended the 2004 event, and may show up tomorrow.

When we drove into the parking lot, the way to the roof was blocked by a 1958 Packard being backed off a trailer. Then I noticed the driver squeeze out of the car.

It was Jim Swank (alphues), who is almost wider than high! I hadn't seen Jim in over 20 years and in 1976, sold him this very same Packard.

A fellow from Simi had pics of a 1956 Golden Hawk he was selling, the next weekend, we drove out to his home...and bought it.
                          Last edited by WinM1895; 03-15-2014, 04:44 PM.

Comment

A very different Robert Peterson (our friend from the Northern part of California) is very much alive! Please note the spelling difference (Petersen/Peterson). Robert Petersen and his wife Margie founded the museum, Bob Peterson is from Northern California.

Comment

Originally posted by warrlaw1 View Post
                              I know that the Petersen Museum is a famous place and Petersen publications were my hotrod mag faves, but...

I would settle for a day at Bob Petersen's place or follow him around for a day. Good luck at the meet.
                              How was I supposed to know which Peterse/on you were referring to, considering how you spelled Bob Petersen?

April 1956 edition of Hot Rod Magazine - RODDERS TEST GOLDEN HAWK - Petersen Publishing Co. 5959 Hollywood Blvd. Los Angeles 28, Calif.
                              Last edited by WinM1895; 03-16-2014, 05:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X