Just When You Think You've Heard Everything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just When You Think You've Heard Everything

Our custom has been called a Thunderbird, a Lincoln, a Hawk, a Johnny Cash car to name a few. But the topper was last weekend when it was called a Corvette. My wife immediately said that it was exciting to know that we probably had the only Corvette with a Continental kit in the world.
    Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
    jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

I've heard Tbird, Cadillac, Rambler, Jaguar...they just keep coming. It's usually the wino on the sidewalk that get's it right.
    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

I was asked if my Studebaker was made by Ford. I answered, with a straight face, "yes; Ford, Mercury, Lincoln, Studebaker. Just like in the commercials." LOL

Comment

I stopped in a little BURG in S.C. for lunch last week and a lady walked in and told her husband that a 52 Studebaker was on a trailer and he doubted her and had to look for himself, I told him she was correct before he went to all the trouble, We had a good CAR TALK but I was surprised that SHE was so informed. You never know.
        Johnny
        Last edited by hausdok; 03-12-2014, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Our '50 Starlight coupe gets a lot of looks and comments.
          When they look under the hood and see an S10 V6 engine and running gear.....They say....What Dat??
          I tell them that this be a "Studeblazer"..................

Comment

I wish I had a dollar for every time someone asked if my '59 Lark is a Rambler. It points out a very important point. We have to keep our cars in the public's eye to educate them about Studebaker. Most young people have never heard of Studebaker.
            Rog
            '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
            Smithtown,NY
            Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

My '65 Cruiser has been called a Rambler, Mercedes, Valiant, and Nova. My Champ has been called a Dodge and a Rambler ("Nice truck, but I did not know Rambler made trucks")!
              Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser
              Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

It seems the most common mistake for Larks is that they are called Ramblers. I wonder if Rambler owners have their cars called Studebakers?
                Steve
                Buckeye, Arizona

1960 Hawk R2 4 speed project

Comment

Originally posted by warrlaw1 View Post
                  I've heard Tbird, Cadillac, Rambler, Jaguar...they just keep coming. It's usually the wino on the sidewalk that get's it right.
                  That is one funny line. LOL

Comment

You know Dave, you are right. The panhandlers usually get it correct. One did ask the other day, what it was, because the top looked like a t-bird, but the rest didn't. Knew his stuff.

Comment

Working...
                    X