60 Lark Hardtop Project Final Decision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60 Lark Hardtop Project Final Decision

Im building a 60 Lark Regal 2d htdp,black/red interior orig V8/auto/p/steering car,This is the direction Im going with it!
    4 speed, bench seat, R4 clone engine with heavily massged heads,stainless valves, modern cam profile,balanced bored to 304 ci,
    forged pistons,stock looking chome on engine,2 4bbls.Supension& drivetrain will be Avanti stabilizer bars,large brakes,adjustable or oem traction bars,currently has a 3.31 TT will step up to a 3.73
    or 4.55 for 1/4 mile-ing,avanti quick steering arms,finned rear drums rolling stock will be traditional Totq-thrusts/dark centers .The fuel system consists of all R1 components with a return line. Stock body less the bumper guards. I currently have about 80% Nos sheetmetal rest is rust-free,90% of all the exterior trim is NOS incl the TT emblem! Im still collecting NOS but the car is a rust free hardtop 60 Lark VIII to start with
    Thanks for listening
    Jerry

59 Lark VI Hardtop
    60 Lark VIII Hardtop x2
    63 Lark Custom 2D R1
    51 1 Ton truck 9 foot bed
    57 Transtar 1 ton 5Sp/od
    62 Transtar 289 1 Ton
    64 wagon
    57 Silver Hawk {soon}future Bonneville car 200 mph

Pictures !!!!!!! We demand pictures! Sounds like it will be a lot of fun. You might consider an electric fuel pump. The engine will like a lot of gas.

Comment

Pictures !!!!!!! We demand pictures! Sounds like it will be a lot of fun. You might consider an electric fuel pump. The engine will like a lot of gas.

Comment

Ah, another car for the National Meet 4-BBL drag race!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $1755.45)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
        1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Ah, another car for the National Meet 4-BBL drag race!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $1755.45)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
          1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Greetings, Jerry,

I like it! Build it using anything available for a Studebaker prior to 1965. For instance, the OEM T10 shifter is an impossible piece of crap. Use a Hurst Competition Plus, as they would have been available back in the day. An electic fuel pump would be OK, but an electric fan would not be period-correct. Genuine bare-aluminum Carter AFBs are better than the shiny Edelbrock clones, anyway. While on the subject, I was there and don't remember a lot of polished billet aluminum, so I like your idea of using the OEM R1 chrome. Polishing the intake was not done much back in the day, so grind off the slag usually found on Stone's R4 intakes and then have it bead-blasted to give it an even finish.

Anxiously awaiting photos.

thnx, jack vines.

PackardV8
            PackardV8

Comment

Greetings, Jerry,

I like it! Build it using anything available for a Studebaker prior to 1965. For instance, the OEM T10 shifter is an impossible piece of crap. Use a Hurst Competition Plus, as they would have been available back in the day. An electic fuel pump would be OK, but an electric fan would not be period-correct. Genuine bare-aluminum Carter AFBs are better than the shiny Edelbrock clones, anyway. While on the subject, I was there and don't remember a lot of polished billet aluminum, so I like your idea of using the OEM R1 chrome. Polishing the intake was not done much back in the day, so grind off the slag usually found on Stone's R4 intakes and then have it bead-blasted to give it an even finish.

Anxiously awaiting photos.

thnx, jack vines.

PackardV8
              PackardV8

Comment

Now THAT'S a hot rod!

Jeff DeWitt
                Jeff DeWitt
                http://carolinastudes.net

Comment

Now THAT'S a hot rod!

Jeff DeWitt
                  Jeff DeWitt
                  http://carolinastudes.net

Comment

Thanks for the positive input on my ideas I like to listen to all comments and suggestions it should be a quick lil early Lark,I plan on taking it to all the Studebaker drag meets I can get to,my tow vehicle is a 51 2R11 long bed !!!!http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s156/jsarkozi/60lark001.jpg[img][/img]]http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s156/jsarkozi/b06b_12.jpg[/img]
                    Heres pics more to follow
                    Jerry

59 Lark VI Hardtop
                    60 Lark VIII Hardtop x2
                    63 Lark Custom 2D R1
                    57 Transtar 1 ton 5Sp/od
                    62 Transtar 289 1 Ton
                    64 wagon

Comment

Thanks for the positive input on my ideas I like to listen to all comments and suggestions it should be a quick lil early Lark,I plan on taking it to all the Studebaker drag meets I can get to,my tow vehicle is a 51 2R11 long bed !!!!http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s156/jsarkozi/60lark001.jpg[img][/img]]http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s156/jsarkozi/b06b_12.jpg[/img]
                      Heres pics more to follow
                      Jerry

59 Lark VI Hardtop
                      60 Lark VIII Hardtop x2
                      63 Lark Custom 2D R1
                      57 Transtar 1 ton 5Sp/od
                      62 Transtar 289 1 Ton
                      64 wagon

Comment

Working...