Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vindication!!!

An eon or so ago, when I joined SDC, I committed A, if not THE

Today, while sitting on the Throne, I was vindicated! According to Thomas Bonsall, author of PONTIAC They Built Excitement

Pontiacnd color. That was the same year the grille was designed by someone whose mom MUST have been frightened, pre-natally, by an electric shaver.

If I understand correctly, this is a Starlite

So, while I

John

Last edited by Johnnywiffer; 03-11-2014, 07:56 AM.

Originally posted by Johnnywiffer View Post
    An eon or so ago, when I joined SDC, I committed A, if not THE

Today, while sitting on the Throne, I was vindicated! According to Thomas Bonsall, author of PONTIAC They Built Excitement

Pontiacnd color. That was the same year the grille was designed by someone whose mom MUST have been frightened, pre-natally, by an electric shaver.

If I understand correctly, this is a Starlite

Looks like a Pontiac Safari Transcontinental to me!! We discussed that particular Pontiac wagon here: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...anscontinental

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
      Looks like a Pontiac Safari Transcontinental to me!! (snip) Craig
      ---with the Starlite trim option?

John

Comment

John

here is a reference to STARLITE colors ...

sigpic
        1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Now THAT just might have driven the price of it higher than a Packard Clipper Country Sedan of the same year!!

Perhaps BP's Standard Catalog of American Cars has that info in it.

Craig
          Last edited by 8E45E; 03-11-2014, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Pontiac car could have the Starlite trim option.The Starlite was NOT a model. The station wagon in the picture at start of this thread IS a MODEL with, it appears. the Starlite TRIM OPTION.

MODEL not a trim option.

Pontiac Starlite trim option with roof, spear and body in THREE different colors! Paint shop pandemonium!

John

Comment

[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=red][FONT=Comic Sans MS]MODEL not a trim option.
              I disagree on that. The Starlight name denoted one particular body style, which we all know was available in both Commander and Champion models.

Craig

Comment

YOU are exactly right. However, the poin't I have been trying to make was that, as i said as simply as possible, the '57 Pontiac Starlite was not a model (or for that matter, a body style). It was a trim option. And it was spelled the way I originally spelled "Starlight".

Sheesh!! I wish I hadn't started THIS one!!

John

Comment

Working...
                X