No announcement yet.

Is this a member's car? CL listing for '66 Daytona in PA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the poor description and worse pictures I doubt they're a member let alone a Stude enthusiast.

Comment

Lots of bling and detail. Looks like a young person's ride. Someone should tell him it's a Canadian car and maybe the price will come down (lol).
      Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

no not a member-and the car is pretty sharp in real life but he's been trying to sell it a couple years
        price may be too high
        and no- he's not a youngin'

Comment

Hey, C, so you've seen it? Tell me more about your impressions, please!

Comment

As Jim said its a nice car. Almost every Saturday night its at the same cruise we attend. Has a real nice paint job, sounds good also may have some pics of it will have to look

Comment

That's cheap. Mine cost me Aud $25,000. As we say, they don't make me anymore so if you want it buy i.
              John Clements
              Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Maybe the wife wants it sold and he's making sure it doesn't happen?
                '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

Interesting mild custom, and those Daytonas do look good in black. But its missing the back up lamps which makes the rear of the car look strange.

Chris.

Comment

Someone should jump on it, looks a lovely car.
                    John Clements
                    Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Yes you could not sell much with Pictures like that.
                      I have taken better ones with my cardboard "Pinhole" box camera I made in High School Photo Shop.
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by drpreposterous View Post
                        Hey, C, so you've seen it? Tell me more about your impressions, please!
                        yes many times as Al [acolds ] has said
                        its a regular at one of the cruises we go to
                        very nice straight black car with a vinyl top, black interior
                        283 that the owner says "goes like hell"
                        front seats aren't original but i think everything else is
                        if i had the money-I'd own it in a heartbeat

Comment

Looks like it even has the traditional Studebaker oil drip! (from a Chevrolet engine)

Comment

That car is not in the registry . Would like to get more info on it so we could add it to the registry.
                            sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

That looks like the car that was on EBAY in 2006, it was located in Greensburg PA, and My wife & I went to look at it, I believe the owners last name was Stiltonpole. The one I looked at was missing the batwing crossmember, did not have the original seats, and I believe the vinyl roof had a different pattern than the original, the body was clean, but I don't remember it looking quite as nice as the pictures show. CeeCab......which cruise are you talking about ?

Comment

Working...
                              X