Found 1953 coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found 1953 coupe

No longer need a coupe body to put on a Morrison Chassis. I was fortunate to find this sweet 1953 Coupe sporting a newly completed redo of a Big Block 454 mated with a new 700R4 transmission pushing a 9 inch Ford. I can go on and on but the pictures give you a real good idea of what we are to starting with. Has Slick Street Stuff IFS....Vintage Air and on and on. The body has final paint cut in done in Viper Red......will see about the color. she has been primed and blocked once and primed again. Another bloc and primer or two and we will give her hell....
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mike super; 03-05-2014, 06:15 PM.

Congradulations. I can't wait for you to post pictures of the dismantling. Keep us posted

Comment

Not much to dismantle ...... Just a few things to address before we paint her, treating her to a full leather interior. Joe Depeppi, the original did all the work here. It was a labor of love for him. I am honored to finish what he started !!

Comment

No Morrison chassis happening then?

What's the tank on the firewall?

Comment

Congrats and Nice buy! I was watching the sale on ebay.

Comment

I will come see you one day soon.............
            Jack White
            Charlotte,NC
            North Carolina Studebaker Drivers Club

Comment

Originally posted by mike super View Post
              Not much to dismantle ...... Just a few things to address before we paint her, treating her to a full leather interior. Joe Depeppi, the original did all the work here. It was a labor of love for him. I am honored to finish what he started !!
              Mike

Congrats on the purchase. I, and hopefully others, will be very interested in your driving experience and opinion of the SSS front suspension.

I will add, Well Bought!!

Thanks, Bob
              Last edited by sweetolbob; 03-05-2014, 06:01 PM.

Comment

That looks sorta familiar....

Nice find!
                Pat Dilling
                Olivehurst, CA
                Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Dilling View Post
                  That looks sorta familiar....

Nice find!

That's funny, first thing I thought when I saw it too.
                  Thought it was yours.

Comment

Originally posted by johnod View Post
                    That's funny, first thing I thought when I saw it too.
                    Thought it was yours.
                    Was owned and built by Joe Depeppi out of Pa. Was sold to Tom Caufield in New jersey and now me. And it is cut in with the color Pat has his coupe....but I will change it Pat....promise !!

Comment

Was owned and built by Joe Depeppi out of Pa. Was sold to Tom Caufield in New jersey and now me. And it is cut in with the color Pat has his coupe....but I will change it Pat....promise !!
                      Still doing the Morrison chassis?

Comment

Sweet! Let us know how you like the Slick Street front end (or if you decide to sell the chassis)..
                        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Thanks! Glad you found one you like. You should be able to sell the pieces you don't use with out a problem.
                          Pat Dilling
                          Olivehurst, CA
                          Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Are those extended rear fender spears stock from another year car?
                            Anybody know?

Comment

Working...
                            X