Happy birthday Knute! Rockne by Rockne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy birthday Knute! Rockne by Rockne

His biography at the College Football Hall of Fame calls him "without question, American football's most-renowned coach." Born on this day (March 4) 1888 in Voss, Norway.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rockne with rockne email.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	1742709
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

I've forgotten, Dick; was that your Photoshop handiwork, putting Knute Rockne in that photo, or did you just point out that someone else had done it?

It is good. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
      I've forgotten, Dick; was that your Photoshop handiwork, putting Knute Rockne in that photo, or did you just point out that someone else had done it?

It is good. BP
      What?? You noticed a historical inaccuracy?? Guilty.
      Richard Quinn
      Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

WHAT!!!! "Mister Studebaker' guilty of forgery? How dare you Robert?

Comment

Well, it's no secret. Dick has told us this before. In fact, and I'm sure Craig Parslow will have the link before I am done typing, there was a thread about this awhile back, wherein Dick challenged us to figure out why it was bogus.

IIRC, Dick said it couldn't be real because that specific model car was built after Rockne had been killed in the plane crash. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Indeed, Rocknes did not roll off the line until the year after Knute died.
            I must admit, I did not catch Mr. Q's timeline deception initially. I did however notice that the sun was to the left of the Rockne and to the right of Knute.
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
            X