R1 4 spd Daytona on CL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R1 4 spd Daytona on CL

Thought someone might have an interest in this car. It is rough with no eng or trans but it was originally equipped with the R1 4 spd 63V 7065. Red red vinyl/ cloth buckets.

Not doubting you, but where did you see it was an original R1? i have a 63 4speed but it is a stock 289/4bbl/dual exhaust..

But, I'm digging the body with no trim holes in it.. Plain Jane HT.. Hopefully NOS sheet metal..

Look at these Gems.

Last edited by SScopelli; 03-03-2014, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Has anyone checked the VIN to confirm that this was indeed an R1 car? Nels, do you have the info available?
      sals54

Comment

The rear could be a Ford 9".

It would be an interesting platform if someone wanted to build a Pure Stock contender without taking a restored or driver car off the road.

The first thing we did when building a Stock class car back in the bad old days was to start with the lightest body (does anyone know how much more, if any, a hardtop weighs than a sedan?) then take it apart to strip out all the undercoating, floor mats, heater, radio. This one's already there.

jack vines
        PackardV8

Comment

This blue 4 door custom looks like a gem. I wish I had a boat to trade!
          59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
          60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
          61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
          62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
          62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
          62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
          63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
          63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
          64 Zip Van
          66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
          66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Yes, I checked the records and it is a factory built R1 4spd. I would not have mentioned it if I didn't know for sure. Body #769, built 10/1/62, delivered to Detroit area, no disc brakes.

Comment

Sal, it also came with wing guards, pb radio and heater, white walls and full wheel covers
              But... It is rough.

Comment

Thanks nels. I just wanted to check. It seems that the VIN alone should be worth most of the money he's asking. It would certainly be a shame to see this car get away. I've got 4 projects in the fire now. One more would put me away.
                In my mind, it would be appropriate even for a standard 2 door hardtop Lark, that's currently a "driver", to give up its life and all its internal organs, to save this one. We could search out the original engine later. But that's just me.
                sals54

Comment

It also has a 66 dash, not the 63 style.
                  Candbstudebakers
                  Castro Valley,
                  California

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
                    It also has a 66 dash, not the 63 style.
                    I think its a 1963 dash with wood grain stuck on the mouldings.

Chris.

Comment

Where did you discover the details about being an R1 etc., can't see anything in the listing mentioning this? Am curious as to what "the records" are which were consulted, is this from the museum or other source, just that some of you say this and the majority of us have no way of doing the same.
                      John Clements
                      Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Originally posted by stude dude View Post
                        I think its a 1963 dash with wood grain stuck on the mouldings.

Chris.
                        I think you might be right Chris after taking a 2nd and 3 rd look it could still be the 63 style.
                        Candbstudebakers
                        Castro Valley,
                        California

Comment

It's about 80 miles from here. If anyone gets serious, I'll make a trip north but not on a whim.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by avantilover View Post
                            Where did you discover the details about being an R1 etc., can't see anything in the listing mentioning this? Am curious as to what "the records" are which were consulted, is this from the museum or other source, just that some of you say this and the majority of us have no way of doing the same.
                            A mistake I made as well. Sorry nels

Looks like Nels contacted the seller to get the vin 63V7065, and he looked it up..

Comment

Originally posted by SScopelli View Post
                              A mistake I made as well. Sorry nels

Looks like Nels contacted the seller to get the vin 63V7065, and he looked it up..
                              You are right. Turn over all rocks.
                              I didn't tell the owner it was an R1 as he wouldn't know what that is anyway. I think it is priced about right for what we know it is but should be bought for less. Saying it was anything special would probably drive the price somewhere in the stupid range.

Comment

Working...
                              X