Want to buy/sell '53 Starliner parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to buy/sell '53 Starliner parts

My father and I are working on a '53 Commander Starliner hot rod build. We need a few parts and have some stuff to sell.

Need:
    window cranks
    interior door handles
    lower covers (shrouds, pods?) for the guages
    dash trim between radio and glove box
    lower windshield garnish moulding (the piece with louvers for defrost)
    garnish moulding for both quarter windows
    headliner bows
    upper door trim for hardtop both sides
    grill bars
    front valance

For sale or trade:
    entire front suspension (fatman clip has been insalled, so everything is still assembled but willing to remove any specific parts you need)
    rearend
    4 wheels
    4 early '53 tristar hubcaps in very nice condition
    radio
    V8 and automatic transmission complete except for air cleaner (will sell parts)
    backup lights with nice lenses
    automatic drive trunk emblems
    commander trunk emblem
    bumper guards with fog lamps that came with the car but do not appear to be for a coupe. the bumper cutout profile is larger so maybe they are for a sedan or a 55? Let me know what measurements to check
    front bumper guards for a coupe without fog lamps
    Last edited by MrGoodpliers; 03-04-2014, 04:51 AM.

I don't need parts but love pictures. Please post on your build at your convenience.

Thx and welcome, Bob

Comment

Its all good stuff but the fog lamps and wheel covers are very desireable items.

Comment

If you have a picture of the Automatic Drive emblem mounted on the truck lid in combination with the backup lights, I would be interested to see where/how it was placed on there.

I have one of those Automatic Drive emblems on my 53K but I don't have the backup lamps. The drill template for the emblem has it put right in the same spot as the left side backup lamp. I believe the template I have was for a '51 or '52 and there was a later template that placed the emblem above where the lamp goes. I'd be interested to see if that is the case with your car.

The Automatic Drive emblems are relatively rare, since you had to pay $$ extra to get them as they didn't come with the AT option, they were a separate option. A car with that AND the backup lamps is really pretty rare, I have never seen or heard of such. It sounds like this Commander was really loaded.

Jeff in ND

Comment

Hey post this exact same thing to the swap page as a WTB ad, you'll be glad you did.
          http://www.studebakerswap.com/swap/swap.php there is the link for you, a lot people that don't look here do there.

Comment

PM sent. Steve
            sigpic

Comment

I'd love to post some pics and maybe start a build thread. Is there an easy way to post pics directly from an iPhone? I visit a guitar building forum that uses an app called tapatalk which allows you to do this. Also, we are Studebaker newbies, so any advice on what the real world values are for these parts is appreciated. I've seen some of it on ebay, but...

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	556.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	1688059Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Size:	5.9 KB
ID:	1688060Click image for larger version

Name:	5768.jpg
Size:	8.3 KB
ID:	1688061Click image for larger version

Name:	834.jpg
Size:	8.1 KB
ID:	1688062Click image for larger version

Name:	4856.jpg
Size:	6.4 KB
ID:	1688063

Comment

There are more parts that we will not be using but I am going to have to go get the box to be sure of what all is there. Some things I believe are there: hood ornament (the large one at the top, we are keeping the tri stars and 8s), front fender spears behind the headlights, gas door trim, vent shades (these are stainless and run from midway up the A pillar to midway down the C pillar- you may be able to see them in the last pic).

Comment

Casey,those wheel covers look too be in pretty good condition and should not be hard too sell.
                    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

MrGoodpliers: PM sent - Rich

Comment

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
                        Casey,those wheel covers look too be in pretty good condition and should not be hard too sell.
                        Those wheel covers are the early Tri-Star versions and quite sought after.
                        I have a used '54 Commander dash plate that has the hoods. They are the wrong color for a '53, but shouldn't be a problem. You can have them for the cost of mailing. If you want them, PM me your address and I'll work up how much it would cost to send.
                        Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                        '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	234.jpg
Size:	4.0 KB
ID:	1688064Click image for larger version

Name:	4352.jpg
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	1688065Click image for larger version

Name:	4564.jpg
Size:	6.3 KB
ID:	1688066Click image for larger version

Name:	6786.jpg
Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	1688067Click image for larger version

Name:	9566.jpg
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	1688068Click image for larger version

Name:	89098.jpg
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	1688069Click image for larger version

Name:	878675.jpg
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	1688070

Comment

The cutouts for the bumper on the guards measure about 5.25" on one side and about 5.5" on the other. There is some pitting on one of them. Any idea of what they fit and a fair price?

Comment

I think, in about a month, Jeff Rice is having a Studebaker swap meet in Statesboro, Ga. Might try and see what people would be intrested in or load it all up and go. If you don't find your needs or sell the parts before then, it would be intresting, I am sure, if you could make it.

Comment

Working...
                              X