Studebaker photo location ID help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker photo location ID help needed

I was given this old photo recently. Maybe from the mid to late teens? The man on the right is my grandfather on my mother's side.

I believe the general location might be southwestern Iowa or eastern Nebraska, but would not rule out northern Missouri or eastern Kansas. I think the business would be classified as a Studebaker "agent" (versus a full fledged dealership). It was also selling Emerson-Brantingham farm machinery.

Unfortunately, there really are not any family members left who can help. My dad (96 this month) doesn't remember and the photo probably dates to around or before his birth. He did remember that when he was a young man there was a small Studebaker dealer/agent in Strahan, Iowa. I have been in contact with a Brantingham descendent who is searching through his extensive E-B collection so maybe something will be related from that end.

If anyone from that region has any old photos or possible knowledge of this location, would you please let me know? Thanks in advance.

sigpic
    Bob Shaw
    Rush City, Minnesota
    1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
    "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Hey, isn't that Bob Palma on the left, in his younger days?
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
    Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Working...
    X