Click image for larger version

Name:	Marchdearborn 006.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	138.8 KB
ID:	1742691Click image for larger version

Name:	Marchdearborn 008.jpg
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	1742692 I have never heard so many people say"I have never seen one of those before" There were two people who actually knew what it was. This is the first time I've had it out in public so it was a lot of fun.

Very good report... thanks for sharing!
    sigpic
    Dave Lester

Comment

Beautiful Packard! I've never seen a 1958 Packard wagon in the flesh either. Can't be but a handful left.
      sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
      Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
      "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Lookin' good!!! The last '58 Packard wagon I saw was Colin Fort's~

Name:	DSCN0976 - Copy.jpg
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	1688040

And it ain't no lie- It is indeed a bunch of fun to own/drive a '58 Packard.
        Here's an old thread about what happened when I took mine out once~
        http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ets-some-press

Try this link in place of the one I posted back in 2009~
        http://weekenddriver.com/other-stuff...lots-of-parts/

Sorry 'bout that.
        Last edited by StudeDave57; 03-01-2014, 11:19 PM. Reason: added that second link
        StudeDave '57
        US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
        SDC Member since 1985

past President
        Whatcom County Chapter SDC
        San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
        San Diego Chapter SDC
        North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Looking good. Be the end of April for my first show.

Comment

Looks like fun!
            Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Nice wagon!! Please don't rub in it (the weather that is)! 12 degrees with 4 more inches of snow this morning. We are now over 100 inches for the season!

Comment

Put a big smile on My face to see Your 1958 Packard Station Wagon 'Back In Action'! It was like seeing an old friend that I hadn't seen in years! I drove around the Boston area for many, many miles in that baby, when it was owned by Paul Weiner, who also owned an antique furniture store in the Beacon Hill area of Boston. Paul had a fresh paint job put on it....and then He'd park it in front of His store as an 'ATTENTION GETTER'. I also helped install the Packard Hawk (LS) engine into the car, after Paul had it rebuilt by an old time mechanic who worked at the time for Boston Cadillac. (The engine came out of a rusted out PH) Paul unfortunately became ill, and sold the Packard....which years later turned up for sale on ebay....It was in the New York City area then. Best of luck....Your Packard looks real nice!

Comment

Thank you.It's finally back in action,still a work in progress but it was good to get it out in public for the first time in the two years since I got it.

Comment

The bicycle in the second picture is a classic too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikado282 View Post
                      The bicycle in the second picture is a classic too.
                      Yes, A Schwinn Pea Picker from about 1969, hope there's a chain on it. Seen really nice originals go for close to $2000.
                      Looks to be a TVR parked in front of the Packard another rare one.

Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle

Comment

Originally posted by 57pack View Post
                        Yes, A Schwinn Pea Picker from about 1969, hope there's a chain on it. Seen really nice originals go for close to $2000.
                        Looks to be a TVR parked in front of the Packard another rare one.
                        The roadster is a modified MGB(440 Dodge) that I built from parts accumulated in 25 years of working in and owning junkyards and that Pea Picker is always a huge hit,seems everyone either had or wanted one when they were young and it hauls nicely in the back of a wagon

Comment

beautiful '58 Packard!!!

do you have any pics featuring the taillights? - my favorite view.
                          Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

I had one of those bikes back in the sixties! Mine was blue though. They were expensive bikes and I thought I had died and gone to heaven! The kids across the street one-upped me and got them entirely chromed! It didn't work out very well at the Ranch a year later though. Dad backed his John Deere crawler over it and that, as they say, was that.

There's one pictured in this e-bay ad that looks just like mine did, seat and all:

Well... I didn't have the dice valve covers or the blue Van's.

Name:	blueberry crate.jpg
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	1688054
                            Attached Files
                            Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                            Ron Smith
                            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Originally posted by Daffy427 View Post
                              The roadster is a modified MGB(440 Dodge) that I built from parts accumulated in 25 years of working in and owning junkyards and that Pea Picker is always a huge hit,seems everyone either had or wanted one when they were young and it hauls nicely in the back of a wagon
                              Wow! Great job on the roadster!

Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle

Comment

Working...
                              X