ATTENTION York Attendees / Vendors - Need to liquidate parts inventory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATTENTION York Attendees / Vendors - Need to liquidate parts inventory

I will be coming to York for the first time since 2011 and would like to leave empty handed (a la Jerry Forrester several years ago). My Studebaker parts inventory has been living in my enclosed trailer for at least the past 7 years and I would like to free it up for other uses. I have acquired these parts over the years, some NOS, some used, a few probably junk. A small amount of used sheet metal (Champ doors, '62 trunk lid, etc.), used glass, gauges, stainless, etc. Would be willing to sell as a lot, in bulk, by the piece, but the goal is to have an empty trailer by the end of the weekend. In the alternative, I would sell the trailer with the parts for cash and just buy another trailer when needed when I get home. The goal is for me to have an empty trailer and no parts or no trailer and no parts by mid day on Saturday. I have gone through what is in the trailer in 3 years, so I am unable to tell you what specific parts are there though I suspect a search here on past York meets will bring up a few pictures. There may be a few items in the trailer I will retain for my personal vehicles, but the rest needs to go. If someone was inclined to pay me for the table I lay the parts on they could instantly go into business while there.

I did a search and here is a picture that Dave Arnold (remember him?) took in 2010 that shows some of the parts and the trailer.

I can be contacted via the Forum or at guidosalvage at yahoo dot com.

Gary , it will be good to see you there , you look cold in that picture . I would advise you wear something warmer and even bring an umbrella ( just in case .....see you there .
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Gary in a way your lucky it all fits into one trailer, what I have might take a few semi's so can not make that kind of trip to York this year, good luck with the sale and have fun on the trip over , good luck....Bob
      Candbstudebakers
      Castro Valley,
      California

Comment

Success, the parts and trailer are on their way to a new home.

Comment

Gary, what ? you sold every thing to one person? send him my way, but bring a bigger trailer....Bob
          Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
            Gary, what ? you sold every thing to one person? send him my way, but bring a bigger trailer....Bob
            Yup, everything to one person. He hooked up the trailer and took it home.

Comment

HA! Now that's the way to make a sale Congrats Gary; glad it worked out for you.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Sounds like a Dwayne Jacobson move
                1936 Dictator
                1950 Champion Regal 4 dr parts car
                1953 Commander Regal HT
                1953 2R5 Pickup
                1947 M16 Truck
                1960 Lark VIII Convertible
                1960 Champ 5E7 step side short box
                1962 Champ 7E5 no box
                1962 GT Hawk
                1963 Lark VI 4 dr
                1963 GT Hawk R2
                1964 Daytona Convertible
                1964 Commander Wagonaire

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” ~ Abraham Lincoln​

Comment

Originally posted by Guido View Post
                  (a la Jerry Forrester several years ago).
                  Yes I found the best way to get rid of stuff I had been hauling around for years. Gary and I were set up next to each other at York a few years ago and every time I saw he had his back turned I would sneak something from my stash into his. I always thought I got away with it, but now, maybe not. ;-)
                  I guess he got rid of it this weekend. Congratulations.
                  Jerry Forrester
                  Forrester's Chrome
                  Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Forrester View Post
                    Yes I found the best way to get rid of stuff I had been hauling around for years. Gary and I were set up next to each other at York a few years ago and every time I saw he had his back turned I would sneak something from my stash into his. I always thought I got away with it, but now, maybe not. ;-)
                    I guess he got rid of it this weekend. Congratulations.
                    That depends on what you were 'sneaking' into his stash. R1 or higher parts like Paxtons would not be too offensive.
                    --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

HA! As if that would happen.
                      Jerry Forrester
                      Forrester's Chrome
                      Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Happy to know that Claude was thinking of me. I just. Finished my 40x40 addition.

Originally posted by studeski View Post
                        Sounds like a Dwayne Jacobson move
                        Always looking to buy! I am afraid my eyes are bigger than my pole building. Saving Studes one part at a time.
                        Dwayne Jacobson

Comment

Working...
                        X