X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rural router?

Could this 1963 Lark be a rural router?

It has a rare RH drive.
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

You would think he would clean off the snow before taking photos. Possibly the worst car add of all time!

Looks like a Regal V8 sedan.

Chris.

Comment

Boat horns are a dead giveaway...
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Sure is perfect for restoration.

Comment

clean off the snow at the top of the right side door. There should be a bunch of scratches from mailbox doors that fall back open on the car. Dead giveaway. Unless of course that different colored door was replaced after it was removed from mail service.
          Jon Stalnaker
          Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by Sdude View Post
            clean off the snow at the top of the right side door. There should be a bunch of scratches from mailbox doors that fall back open on the car. Dead giveaway. Unless of course that different colored door was replaced after it was removed from mail service.
            Around here, the mail persons that use their own vehicle used to have a pad/flap that hung down from the window opening to protect the paint.
            Where I previously lived, the carriers used their own vehicles. Where I now live, 3.5 miles away, the carriers use postal vehicles.
            I remember once when I went to the dealership where I later worked and learned that they took in trade the vehicle (LHD) that my local carrier had used. The car looked great and had a reasonable number of miles on it. When I explained the use that the car saw to the Sales Manager, a friend, he wholesaled the car.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

If it was close by, I'd consider it, to switch my car to right hand drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                Could this 1963 Lark be a rural router?

It has a rare RH drive.
                Could very well be. A few years ago I was talking to the son of the former Studebaker dealer in Garnett, KS. He told me they sold a number of rural routers in their day. Or, it could have just been ordered that way for a special purpose. George Hamlin has a right-hand-drive Lark that the original owner ordered so he could park along the curb in front of his house and not have to get out of the car in to traffic.
                Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Working...
                X