Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone see something very unusual about this Wagonaire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone see something very unusual about this Wagonaire?

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Don't know if this is it, Reclining Front Seat.
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Radio delete.....kinda cool....

Comment

The original headliner is still present , the body is not a total rust bucket, it hasn't been hot rodded, it isn't listed @ 20K starting price. All of these things are unusual now days!
        Bez Auto Alchemy
        573-318-8948
        http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

In the add seller states there is no rust. That is unusual as what is that in the photos that appears to look like rust. It does have bench seat bottom with reclining backs. Could that be unusual? jimmijim
          sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Battery hold down or lack there of?
            Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Gee I don't know, a Early Flathead 6, Manual Choke, Truck Carb., holes in the upper rear roof section for the Air Spoilers that were removed, 2 twisted bumpers?

OH, Oh, oh! ask ME teacher! I think I've GOT it!

It has some kind of weird Heater hose setup, the Heater is bi-passed, one Heater Core Hose is disconnected, the "Y" sends the Hot water back to the Engine to the Radiator, but the other 2 hoses go to unknown places, one goes forward out of sight maybe to a Cooling System FILTER? Who Knows!
              Last edited by StudeRich; 02-26-2014, 04:21 PM.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Second time around: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...tona+wagonaire

Craig

Comment

It has a full width bench seat, but with seat back recliners.

It was featured on BaT for $6k and didn't sell...

http://bringatrailer.com/2014/02/04/...gal-wagonaire/
                  Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Comment

Actually, it is not that unusual to have reclining Seats without the Individual bottom Cushion Option, all possible combinations were available except a Solid Bottom and Back in a 2 Door.
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                      Actually, it is not that unusual to have reclining Seats without the Individual bottom Cushion Option, all possible combinations were available except a Solid Bottom and Back in a 2 Door.
                      The reclining seat option was what I thought was unusual, especially for a lower line car with little optional equipment. What really got me though was the reclining solid back. I know it was offered, but I had never seen one.
                      I knew this car had been mentioned before, but I must have been searching wrong because I couldn't find it. I even went back through several days of posts.
                      Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                      '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Originally posted by 53k View Post
                        The reclining seat option was what I thought was unusual, especially for a lower line car with little optional equipment. What really got me though was the reclining solid back. I know it was offered, but I had never seen one.
                        I knew this car had been mentioned before, but I must have been searching wrong because I couldn't find it. I even went back through several days of posts.
                        My old '63 Daytona Skytop had reclining backs but solid cushion. Now that I really think about it, I'm not sure I ever saw that on another Stude.

My old '64 was far-less 'equipped' than my '63 was--only had 259, Flightomatic, wheelcovers, and whitewalls, all-vinyl trim, but had the individual seats up front with recliners. It was a Hamilton car, BTW.
                        Bill Pressler
                        Kent, OH
                        (formerly Greenville, PA)
                        Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                        Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                        1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                        1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                        All are in Australia now

Comment

Gee I don't know, a Early Flathead 6
                          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                          Romans 15:13
                          Deuteronomy 31:6
                          Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Read all of the words in the sentence, my friend...

Gee I don't know, a Early Flathead 6 Manual Choke Truck Carb.
                            Yes, I edited that. Sometimes Dad gets carried away with punctuation.

I read it to read just like you did. But then I read it slower and it came together.

StudeDave '57
                            StudeDave '57
                            US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                            SDC Member since 1985

past President
                            Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                            San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                            San Diego Chapter SDC
                            North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment