Dream car found!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dream car found!

I finally got to see the 53 commander I had been after and it's all there. Plus it's a Sarliner, I just need to work out some tilting issues before I close the deal but I am very excited about it.

I will definetly order the original build sheet but I have seen that some of you have "sources" and some of you know things just based on the serial numbers. Can anyone tell me anything special about this car "8335977"?

Thanks in advance.
    Andres Garcia
    Fairfax, VA - Philadelphia, PA

1953 Studebaker Starliner - Check out this project!

1963 Studebaker GT Hawk - Check out this project!

Good find! I guess you mean title issues?
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

Nice find!

Unfortunately, I do not think anyone has any detail info on Cars that old or not within a "Special" category like R Series High Performance Larks, Hawks or Avantis.
      There are simply, just TOO many Production Orders and records on all '53's for that to be possible, sorry.

I can say that your Serial 8335877 is between starting South Bend Plant 1953 Commander V8 Serial Number 8290801
      And 1954 Starting Serial Number 8354901.

The Body Tag on the right side of the Engine side of the Firewall gives you info on the Body Line Sequence among other '53 K5 Starliner Hardtop bodies, NOT Cars.
      Last edited by StudeRich; 02-23-2014, 01:08 PM.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Andres,

I really enjoyed reviewing your photographic record linked to your signature. Looks like you've made it a family project and everyone looks like they're having fun.

Keep up the good work!
        Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
        Kenmore, Washington
        hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
        '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
        '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
        '69 Pontiac Firebird
        (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

Thanks guys, @52 fan, yeah the Title issue is a little tricky because the previous owner who it is still titled under passed away. I am going to be making some phone calls this week.

I will eventually split my ourstudebaker.com website into two projects .
          Andres Garcia
          Fairfax, VA - Philadelphia, PA

1953 Studebaker Starliner - Check out this project!

1963 Studebaker GT Hawk - Check out this project!

Comment

Originally posted by afgarcia86 View Post
            Thanks guys, @52 fan, yeah the Title issue is a little tricky because the previous owner who it is still titled under passed away. I am going to be making some phone calls this week.

Contact the Executor/Executrix of the estate. He/she can sign off on the title. You just need to get a copy of their legal paper showing their power to go along with the title.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Your car was built just 642 Commanders (of all body types) after the 1953 Commander Starliner that I owned for nine years and is pictured on another thread/topic here.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                Contact the Executor/Executrix of the estate. He/she can sign off on the title. You just need to get a copy of their legal paper showing their power to go along with the title.
                Depends on the requirements of the state you live in. And any peculiarities of the situation. Check with your state DMV first. Years ago in Indiana I had a situation with a car I bought. Only the owner's name was on the title. He signed the title before he passed away but filled it out incorrectly somehow. I had to get a certified copy of the death certificate from the owner's widow and present it to the IN DMV to prove to them that he was really dead before they'd issue a title to me. Every situation is a little different. Every state is different. Check with the local DMV first.

Comment

Working...
                X