UPDATE....56J LS1 Resto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPDATE....56J LS1 Resto

Posted some shots of the center console we are putting in wife's 56J. Has taken me some time coming up with the design. In that we decided on the GT dash, instead of the original, it complicated how to attach the console to the underside of a non symmetrical dash. After sitting on the edge of car floor ...passenger side...it came to me. Is not difficult to build if you have some woodworking background. I spent most of one day on the internet browsing center consoles to start. Then got some high direction from my interior guru.....with a suggestion I make and secure to the body the seat base and back for the install of the rear buckets he will make out of another layer of 3/4 plywood ....seat base and seat back with the foam to compliment the front buckets with the larger side bolsters. Should finish tomorrow. Will post final result.

Would not taken me that long but I got side tracked trying to find my friend either a 35-37 ford convertible or 34-37 ford pick up for his tree farm in Wooster ohio. He settled on a real nice 35 cabriolet and as usual I find something I do not need and had NEVER seen before...a 1936 International Harvester C-1 half ton pick up. Worked out a deal with a gentleman in Wisc to get her in my garage next month.
    Attached Files

Lookin good Mike , like that International as well.
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Working...
    X