'50 clutch and brake pedal pad replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: '50 clutch and brake pedal pad replacement

Thinking about replacing the clutch and brake pedal pads on the '50 Land Cruiser since they are worn and one has the edges broken off it. When looking at it today, it appears that the rubber cover just pops over the metal pedals, or does that metal rivet on the back of the pedal have something to do with it? Any tips on an easier removal of the old and installation of the new before I tear things up? Thanks.

Hi Mark, a PM was sent to you, they are at the top of the page under Private Messages on the Dark Blue stripe.

Actually on a Standard Trans. Car, the Pedals just unscrew, the Rubber was bonded to the steel and is not replaceable.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	eBay Pic 8_26_ 07_ 011.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	190.1 KB
ID:	1687845 I have about a Dozen fresh, New ones in stock, how many do you need?
    Last edited by StudeRich; 02-19-2014, 12:08 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I do believe they just stretch over the metal plate. The "rivet" you refer to is just the head of a machine screw. It is nutted under the rubber pad and holds the plate to the shaft.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

There was an aftermarket cover made. They are ok but not great. You are better off replacing the complete screw on pad.
        Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
        1961 Hawk 4-speed
        1967 Avanti
        1961 Lark 2 door
        1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Thanks to all for your help!

Comment

Working...
          X