Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ID plate

Hi everyone
    A friend bought a custom 37 coupe a year or two ago. He is curious as to what the ID plates have on them.
    One had 37AQ-1 and 5399. The other I assume is the serial number 558397.

Thanks for any information you have.
    Alex

37A is a Dictator. Q1is a regular coupe. 5399 is the assembly line sequence number. If the 558397 is
    on a plate on the left frame rail behind the left front wheel, it is the serial number but there should be one more number (it should have 7). Starting serial number for a South Bend built 37 Dictator with beam front axle is 5536001.

Terry

Comment

5399 is not the "assembly line sequence order" It denotes that this body tub was the 5,399th 37A Q1 BODY TUB welded up. But that doesn't mean it was integrated with the 5,399th 37A Q1 that was built.
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Hi everyone, I´m writing from Argentina and a friend found a coupe and do not know if its a President or Dictator, it has a plate 37AQ-3 1229 and the serial number 5286683.
        It has rumble-seat, the spare tyre inside and a 6cylinders engine wih thenumbers 189195-4 Q 3 22.
        Any help will be appreciate
        Pedro Borthaburu

Comment

It is another 1937 Dictator like the original post Car, but a higher Trim Level Q3 Coupe.
          Last edited by StudeRich; 10-23-2019, 02:09 PM.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
          X