Studebaker in the snow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker in the snow

Looks as if we won't be going anywhere for a while- 15 inches overnight and it's still coming down. I'm afraid it's too deep for me to push with the blade on my Gravely and the snow blower is stuck in the barn. No way I can get the tractor down there, take off the front end loader assembly and install the snow blower.
    Attached Files
    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Yuuk Paul, Glad I'm still in FL. wish you luck and hope it doesn't cause floods if it warms quickly as the forecast is seeming to indicate. Gordon

Comment

Paul - sounds like you might need one of these... Stay safe.

Comment

Originally posted by 62champ View Post
        Paul - sounds like you might need one of these... Stay safe.
        Dang

It's so cold there even the tractors wear Carhartts. Interesting plow/scoop configuration.

Bob

Comment

Geeze Paul..
          Even if you got out of your driveway, the streets/roads around your place are all wonky up and down...
          You'd not get far anyways...
          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
            Dang

Interesting plow/scoop configuration.

Bob
            Somewhere in upstate New York - sidewalk plow - guess they don't require everyone to shovel their own

Comment

going to be about 68 here today and no rain or snow, damn life is tough.
              Candbstudebakers
              Castro Valley,
              California

Comment

I believe Governor McCrory spoke for everyone involved, not just those in North Carolina, when he said, "Don't put your stupid hat on at this point in time." ;-)

Comment

Waiting for it to melt in Charlotte..............
                  Jack White
                  Charlotte,NC
                  North Carolina Studebaker Drivers Club

Comment

Can you find 2 63 Lark Daytona R2 4 speed cars in the snow.............

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
                    Jack White
                    Charlotte,NC
                    North Carolina Studebaker Drivers Club

Comment

As I write this it's 83 and sunny (as usual) here. After living in Flagstaff in northern Arizona (100 inches of snow annually) for 30 years I had enough.
                      Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
                      jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

candstudebakers : It may get a little tougher in a couple more months.When you turn on the tap & get dust or when you go to the market there's not much there if any & the prices will astound you!! Now,would you like to Purchase some SNOW,while prices are reduced due to OVERSTOCK! "BLUBRD" is resting in a nice dry barn,hopefully the roof holds up.Getting wailed again today into Fri. with another foot or more.
                        Last edited by arthurc1946; 02-13-2014, 01:18 PM.

Comment

.......I just put a new blade on my Gravely and pushed around a few inches this past storm. I did already use the plow several times and the blower 3 times so far.....very lucky that the temps were low teens and singles for this snow....the Gravely doesn't like wet snow which is usual for the SE coast of Mass.....keep it coming ...

Comment

Charlotte Motor Speedway...today.

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Another storm ....another messy day.....but My good old '83 Avanti got Me through again nicely!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X