Hawk Lower Hose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool/Heat: Hawk Lower Hose

Has anybody tried using this hose? It says compare to original and cut to fit but not on bell end. I haven't cut it yet but it hits the frame and puts a kink in the hose. Also no spring inside. Listed as HSE095 by vendors.

Click image for larger version

Name:	hawk_lower_hose_640.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	179.3 KB
ID:	1742564
    1936 Dictator
    1950 Champion Regal 4 dr parts car
    1953 Commander Regal HT
    1953 2R5 Pickup
    1947 M16 Truck
    1960 Lark VIII Convertible
    1960 Champ 5E7 step side short box
    1962 Champ 7E5 no box
    1962 GT Hawk
    1963 Lark VI 4 dr
    1963 GT Hawk R2
    1964 Daytona Convertible
    1964 Commander Wagonaire

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” ~ Abraham Lincoln​

I tried one of those hoses on my 62 Hawk and I couldn't make it fit so I sent it back. As far as I know an original type hose is NLA. Bud

Comment

None of the Studebaker vendors have the right one? I would think that somebody would get them made up.
      jim
      "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
      their Memorials!

Comment

I cant believe that after I bought one of them 11 years ago that some people are still selling them. They don't fit. I bought a universal fit Gates from AZone. cheers jimmijim
        sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Yup, I bought that hose and installed it on my Hawk and it had a kink and hit the frame. I ended up having to cut off part of the bell part and it was a real bear getting it back on. It works now though!
          sigpic
          1961 Flamingo Studebaker Hawk

Comment

I hate parts that don't fit!

Comment

I hate parts that are sold without telling the buyer that they don't fit - Went thru' that w/ "GT" door script and "C" pillar flying buzzard.
              Paul TK

Comment

I would not be too quick to blame the hose if it doesn't fit. I am a Studebaker parts dealer and I have sold HSE095 over the years. I can't quite judge by the picture of the hose in question, but I do know that the HSE095 hose fit has been improved in the more recently run batches, and that looks like an earlier one. This hose fits '61 -'64 Hawks. I recently sold one to a customer with a '61 Hawk. The first thing I hear is "You sold me the wrong hose!" (Always my fault, of course.)
                Then I find out he replaced his radiator, and it turned out to be a '59 - '60 radiator. On these, the lower outlet is moved maybe a couple of inches toward center compared to the '61 - '64 outlet. So I traded him a '53 - '60 lower hose and it fit.
                At any rate, the currently available HSE095 hoses are a very correct fit for '61 -'64 Hawks, providing you have the correct radiator.

Comment

I don't know if this would help, but I had a sale from JohnnyLaw in my inbox that included a universal Stainless Steel Radiator Hose for $29.00

Click image for larger version

Name:	1752.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	1687817
                  they also have longer ones, but not on sale today

Comment

Looks like a pretty much Mickey Mouse adapter and fit, IF it fits Phil.
                    Johnny Law? He has 2 stores, Portland Oregon and Australia.
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

That is very valuable info about the differences in the radiators, thanks for sharing!

Originally posted by Studebakercenteroforegon View Post
                      I would not be too quick to blame the hose if it doesn't fit. I am a Studebaker parts dealer and I have sold HSE095 over the years. I can't quite judge by the picture of the hose in question, but I do know that the HSE095 hose fit has been improved in the more recently run batches, and that looks like an earlier one. This hose fits '61 -'64 Hawks. I recently sold one to a customer with a '61 Hawk. The first thing I hear is "You sold me the wrong hose!" (Always my fault, of course.)
                      Then I find out he replaced his radiator, and it turned out to be a '59 - '60 radiator. On these, the lower outlet is moved maybe a couple of inches toward center compared to the '61 - '64 outlet. So I traded him a '53 - '60 lower hose and it fit.
                      At any rate, the currently available HSE095 hoses are a very correct fit for '61 -'64 Hawks, providing you have the correct radiator.
                      sigpic
                      1961 Flamingo Studebaker Hawk

Comment

The correctly curved 1961-66 Sedan and Hawk V8 radiator hoses are available from various dealers in Australia including ours. These are a correct match to the original shaped hoses.

Chris.

STUDEBAKER of AUSTRALIA
                        (formerly known as Studebaker Queensland)
                        Last edited by stude dude; 03-10-2014, 03:36 AM.

Comment

Most of our USA Stude. Vendor hoses come from Australia, so I am betting they are the same as sold in Australia.
                          StudeRich
                          Second Generation Stude Driver,
                          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                            Most of our USA Stude. Vendor hoses come from Australia, so I am betting they are the same as sold in Australia.
                            I can guarantee you they are not! I have seen the US supplied hoses, even had some here which I later threw in the trash. The Australian made hoses being supplied by S.I. and various others are sometimes made by the same company but they are not the same hose. The correct hoses are available and have been for many years. I cant understand why they are not stocked. The only reason I can think of is cost but I would rather pay $40 for the correct hose than $20 for something that just doesn't look right.

Chris.
                            Last edited by stude dude; 03-13-2014, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Had same problem w/ the lower hose ('63 Hawk). Ended up taking the seriously cut-up/modified hose (used as example for length and opening size) to the parts store and getting a Gates universal that would duplicate what was left of the modified hose.
                              Paul TK

Comment

Working...
                              X