'53-'61 coupe rear panels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '53-'61 coupe rear panels

Please excuse me if someone has posted this source before, though they are touting a "pre-order sale" which makes it sound as though it's new.

Could be the photo, but it sure looks like there's a heck of a curve in that top edge. (where it bolts up to the body)

Comment

Think that's just the lip where the fender meets the spear.
      '53 Commander
      Art Morrison chassis
      LS6 ASA/4L60E

Comment

Although I have not actually seen one, I am sure it is fine. It's a brand New 2013 Reproduction supposedly copied from a real OEM Fender, I don't think there should be a problem.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

If those are the panels made by Goodmark, I can vouch for the fit. They used a '56 Sky Hawk I had for a trial fit of the pilot panels. They fit like a glove; went on with no filing, adjusting, etc. and looked really great. I'm getting ready to put them on my '53 Commander Starlight.
          Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
          '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
          '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
          '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

Howard, what did they end up doing for the stiffener strip at the front edge - spotweld like a n.o.s. would have ?
            Originally posted by brngarage View Post
            If those are the panels made by Goodmark, I can vouch for the fit. They used a '56 Sky Hawk I had for a trial fit of the pilot panels. They fit like a glove; went on with no filing, adjusting, etc. and looked really great. I'm getting ready to put them on my '53 Commander Starlight.
            Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Joe, I don't remember, but I have some pictures. I'll look tomorrow and send you a picture. If I don't have a good picture, I'll take one (since the panels are not installed yet).
              Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
              '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
              '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
              '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

Working...
              X