52 Colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 52 Colors

Okay, I know this is a silly question that I could answer myself if I was patient, but here goes. Lenard's former 52 Commander seems to be a bit darker than the Tahoe green on my former Champion. Pictures sometimes don't show the true shade, but what color green is this car?
    BTW I talked to Peg Trucking today and, as I suspected, the snow has them snarled all over the country. Many of the cars they would be hauling are buried in snow at this time. My 52 has to wait its turn to be picked up.

"In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Tahoe Green

OK Mr. Lazy er, Howard, here you go:

Huge supplier of Automotive Paint, Auto Body Supplies, Airbrush Equipment, Car Detailing Supplies, Pinstripe Paint, Spray Guns & Safety Respirators at Wholesale Prices. Our items are factory direct and we carry a wide variety of Top Quality Brands.

Here's the Formula and pricing for single stage Acrylic Enamel:

Huge supplier of Automotive Paint, Auto Body Supplies, Airbrush Equipment, Car Detailing Supplies, Pinstripe Paint, Spray Guns & Safety Respirators at Wholesale Prices. Our items are factory direct and we carry a wide variety of Top Quality Brands.

Oops, it looks like you cannot save a price breakdown. I typed in the Color Name, StudeBaker Number and the Mfg. Number and had all the options, Materials needed and pricing, but it's gone.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 02-10-2014, 04:11 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

So its Shadow Green? Somewhere I have an original paint chip page, but I can't find it. The one you came up with is much clearer than the ones I found on line.
      I will probably have the paint person where my brother works mix me something that matches anyway, but I still wanted to know the correct name. Thanks for the help.
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Howard: There is no doubt Leonard's car is Tahoe Green, 1952 color code WF.

I saw the car in person, up close and clean, inside, in October 2007. I have an original 1952 Martin-Senour Color Chip book in front of me, here, in good condition. No other color is even close to Tahoe Green.

Shadow Green, code WP, is a legitimate 1952 color. But it is much darker. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

If it is Tahoe Green that would suit me fine. In most of the pictures I have saved off the forum it looks darker, but I couldn't find a paint chip that looked right. My old 52 was Tahoe Green and I got very used to it in 40 years.
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

Consider yourself suited just fine, Howard; it IS Tahoe Green. BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
            X