?_______Sunday_______?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ?_______Sunday_______?

What scary movie(s) gave you a start or otherwise scared you?

Psycho

Although it didn't bother me when I saw it, according to my roommates, I kept them up for several nights screaming in my sleep after seeing "Dawn of the Dead" (the sequel to "Night of the Living Dead").

Comment

'THE THING'...The original 1952 version scared Me when I was a kid,....And the 1982 version (with Kurt Russel) scared Me when I was a big kid!

Comment

When I was was very young,I was traveling with my parents via Trailways Bus. I think we were going from Camilla Georgia to Miami.Somewhere along the line we had a long layover. We walked down the street to a theatre just to kill some time. We saw the early version of Frankenstien. I have never cared for scary movies since.
        Neil Thornton

Comment

My father took my brother and me to see the Rodan movie. Those large 'bugs' that were food for Rodan really scared the -hit out of both of us!!!
          1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Saw "The Shining" in the theater when it first came out. Redrum. Redrum.

Comment

Originally posted by EssexExport View Post
              What scary movie(s) gave you a start or otherwise scared you?
              [/IMG]
              The shower scene in Psycho made me jump, though I have to agree with SN60 about The Thing.
              Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
              '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

"I Walked with a Zombie" was released in 1943. The principal of the elementary school would put us all in the school buses and we would go to a movie in Kendallville for a Christmas treat. Eight grades, four teachers, and about 80 kids. He was upset with the movie being shown, but we were already there! Rated as the fifth best Zombie movie of all time. Thrre is a clip that can be viewed. I think the B & W makes it better.
                "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

That would be Jacob's Ladder in 1990, watch it if you can. It blew my mind and I turned it off three times. I only saw it once, not sure I would watch it again.

Mark

Comment

Fantasm or maby spelled Phantasm, from the late 70's if I remember right, there's a dead guy that I think was hunting or at least on the lookout for some teens & there's this shot when the girl sees him walking across the street & he just turns his head & looks right at her/in the camera... & I REALLY felt my inside turn cold & starting to smell rotten as if I'd woken up buried with loads of corpses & beeing one too with no way to get out & up again...
                    I can still remember that stare, sure took the breath outa me!
                    That's how soft I am...

Comment

The Tingler. Vincent Price (of course) extracted something that looked like a spinal cord from the bodies of persons who had died of fright. The object had a life of its own and could frighten people to death. After the movie ended, an image of the Tingler crawled across the screen. Strangler of the Swamp. The Flying Serpent, in which a feather plucked from a prehistoric flying reptile is given to someone and the reptile then kills that person.

Comment

When I was a kid in the 60s there was a local TV show called "Fantastic Features" which ran old horror, sci fi and suspense movies.
                        It was hosted by a local character that dressed up like a vampire complete with teeth, cloak and make up. He was and still is an icon of Memphis, TN TV. Google "SAVAD" (the host's name spelled backward--Davis)
                        I was really too young to be watching it, but sometimes I'd stay up (Saturday nights after the news) and watch with my older brother.
                        There is one show I still remember called "Reptilicus". It was about a prehistoric monster that was found while drilling for oil or something.
                        Of course it gets loose and starts eating people. In the very last scene, they think they've destroyed the monster, but at the bottom of the ocean there is a single leg sitting on the bottom....and an eye opens on it. Yeah, I had nightmares for a while...

Comment

My pick is Amityville Horror Part 3 in 3-D (1983.) It's an absolutely terrible movie and it is not scary. The reason I bring it up is that, to me, it has a very disturbing scene and to this day, I avoid it for this reason. The scene I am referring to involves Candy Clark's character Melanie burning to death in a car crash and subsequently, a passing motorist coming upon the wreckage and opening the door of the car. I have a fear of fire and cannot imagine a more horrible death. And, from hearing a good friend recounting an incident in which he saw this happen, my fear has been heightened even more.

Mr. Bill
                          Hamlet, NC

Comment

No question, nothing close for me: Night of the Living Dead I did freak out when in either Rodan or The Giant Claw dropped the 32 roadster full of kids, I thought oh no, they've ruined that car ! Ha !

Comment

Just watch :)The commercial mash up that became a famous meme and has been changed, edited, and morphed into thousands of different memes all over the internet.

Comment

Working...
                              X