Nice Restomod - Probably the best Stude big truck restomod EVER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice Restomod - Probably the best Stude big truck restomod EVER

1949 Studebaker Street Rod / One Ton Dually.This is a nice truck.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Studebaker-2...s#ht_618wt_851

Very nicely done. Classic style with modern utility is hard to beat.
    Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

I like that !
      sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

This truck really impresses Me...If I had a use for it, I believe I'd bid on it!

Comment

Nice looking. Needs some type of rubber/like fender flares or put those wheels and tires under the fenders. jimmijim
          sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

The Dodge bed looks nice. It fits better than the Dodge bed Studebaker put on the T-cab trucks.
            Jon Stalnaker
            Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

That truck is very nicely done. If I had a use for it, I would definitely be bidding on it.
              sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Very nice concept and execution. I like it and I've been driving C-cabs for more than fifty years now.

Yes, modern running gear is nice to have. I kept the underneath, but added a Packard V8, power steering, air conditioning and lots of sound deadening.

No, doesn't matter what's underneath, it doesn't change the room inside the cab. Every time I get in mine, I'm reminded in the 1940s when the C-cab was designed, the height of the average male was 5'8".

Maybe, it depends on how big/tall the driver, but more than one owner has been disappointed by how cramped his mega-buck old car/truck build was after a few hours on the highway. Every year at the GoodGuys Show here in Spokane, I hear at least one story of how a wife/girlfriend rode out in the hotrod and is flying home or riding home with someone with a civilian car.

If I were ever to build another C-cab, most of the money would first go to more leg room.

jack vines
                Last edited by PackardV8; 02-09-2014, 10:37 AM.
                PackardV8

Comment

Ditto , on my 51' C Cab...Mike..

Comment

I agree. More room inside would be nice, but I love it anyway. Then I'm only 5' 10" and shrinking.
                    Jon Stalnaker
                    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

He states he has $30,000.00 in the build which I don't dought.I'm guessing the reserve is around $25,000.00 or so?Guess you would call this a one of a kind.He did a good thing by using a 12 valve Cummins instead of the early 24 valve,THEY SUCKED.
                      Tony

Comment

Probably the best Stude big truck restomod EVER

Awesome craftsmanship here. Note the pie-cut bed and engine setback to make everything fit correctly. And, the brilliant merging of the Dodge and Stude dashes. Amazing!This gives us all a look at true high-end fab that very few anywhere could ever achieve. Look and be in awe!http://www.ebay.com/itm/Studebaker-2...#ht_518wt_1316
                        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                        Romans 15:13
                        Deuteronomy 31:6
                        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

No doubt it's a work of art, add the engine and dual rear and it's amazing. This will certainly set the standard for future retro's.

Comment

Originally posted by mike cenit View Post
                            No doubt it's a work of art, add the engine and dual rear and it's amazing. This will certainly set the standard for future retro's.
                            I agree. The only possible problem I see, is that if you are over six feet tall...this might not be a long haul vehicle for comfort. Otherwise, if it were mine, surgery might be required to remove the permanent grin off my face as I tooled down the road pulling a fifth-wheel camper with this rig.

I believe even the original C-cab designer would be proud of this mod. At my height (5'-9" on a good day) this would work for me. I hope it finds a good and appreciative home.
                            John Clary
                            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

The lack of knee room, especially on the passenger side concerns me.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X