Avanti Radiator Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool/Heat: Avanti Radiator Question

I am about to bite the bullit, an get a radiator to replace the one in my 53. Did the Avanti have a 1 1/2 upper outlet and a 1 3/4 lower?

The radiator from my February-build '63 came with a 1-11/16 top and 1-3/4 bottom. It is the original which I had recored once about 20 years ago. It has since been replaced by an AFCO aluminum. Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks for the response. I am putting a R1 from a 63 Avanti in my 53 coupe. I hope I can head off the cooling problem before it starts. The 53 has a great radiator, but it has 1 1/4 upper hose connection and a 1 1/2 lower. I wanted to use the same as the Avanti. I thought the Avanti had a 1 1/2 upper? Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashback View Post
        Thanks for the response. I am putting a R1 from a 63 Avanti in my 53 coupe. I hope I can head off the cooling problem before it starts. The 53 has a great radiator, but it has 1 1/4 upper hose connection and a 1 1/2 lower. I wanted to use the same as the Avanti. I thought the Avanti had a 1 1/2 upper? Thanks again.
        Yes, 1 1/2" upper neck.

Comment

Just rechecked mine laying on a shelf... NOT 1.5 upper, so who knows.

Comment

Working...
          X