China, here they come.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China, here they come.

With all the sh.... I am getting from the city about our parking lot and out side of the building I have decided to scrap out the truck bed and the 2 GT body's and maybe about 6 rear ends. The city has sent a letter to the landlord about how they do not want the parking lot used as a storage lot for parts, and scrap metal and other junk, most of it is from the others that use the lot but now I have to change my ways of doing things too. We moved some cars out of the shop to the parking lot since they can be there and moved the junk inside for now. I posted the pictures of the rust free GT body's and also the 8 long fendered bed before. bed is less the fenders, now it looks like I will remove the tail gate and fill the bed with scrap metal and send it off to china. The body's are going to be cut for parts I need for a couple of projects and the rest will be scrapped.It is just time to clean house and work my way down to getting out from under the cost or renting this 4000 foot space, the bed is rust free but has dents from us moving it around a few times.

Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

You have to what is best for you.

Since I'm struggling worse than I have in the last 30 years; I can relate.
    --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Bob call me about that truck bed . Ed George 708 250-2213

Comment

Ed, call me at 510-266-2522
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

6 rear ends? Are any of them worthwhile(dana 44, or TT) or are they just some crummy six rear ends?

Comment

I think most of them are 44's no TT's.
            If you want a twin traction you would have to call Bob and have him put you on a waiting list.

Patrick.

Comment

Originally posted by GThawkwind View Post
              6 rear ends? Are any of them worthwhile(dana 44, or TT) or are they just some crummy six rear ends?
              I have to agree the Dana27 isn't worth having unless it's a 1965-66 flanged unit or if someone is doing a full on restoration. I tried to sell the one that came with my (late) 1962; no takers so I scrapped it. This was in the Phx area.
              --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Hope you're keeping the hubs and finned drums if any have them. They are getting kind of rare, at least in this country.

Comment

I have and I will but have had some problems in the past after sending them the buyer take them to their brake shop only to have them say they are not any good and won't turn them, I have a drum mike and know how to use it but shops just have trouble dealing with old used parts, they figure they will be held responsible for them down the road. maybe so maybe no.
                  Candbstudebakers
                  Castro Valley,
                  California

Comment

BTW, when I was at Bob's shop a couple of weeks ago, I checked out that GT body in the first picture. It is a rust free SoCal body.

If you are currently building a rusty GT, you should snatch up this body just as fast as you can before it goes to the shredder. You will save lots of money and aggravation by so doing.
                    Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Just filled the tanks on Friday, installed the hoses and gauges today, looking for the striker, then it will be time to cut and burn. burn man burn.
                      Candbstudebakers
                      Castro Valley,
                      California

Comment

Bob Send me some more pictures of that white gt. Lower panels,Floors and inner panels. swvega2@msn.com

Comment

Bob, do you post the GT's on the Hawk registry, even if they are parted out we would know what became of them. Just a thought.

Mark

Comment

I didn't know that there was registry for just regular GT's I know that there is for Avanti powered ones, I must have parted 20-30 of them in the past.
                            Candbstudebakers
                            Castro Valley,
                            California

Comment

Bob I found the striker.

Patrick.

Comment

Working...
                              X