Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Studebaker's on Parade Downtown South Bend (3 videos) during 2012 South Bend International

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker's on Parade Downtown South Bend (3 videos) during 2012 South Bend International

I stumbled on this these video's today of Studebaker's on Parade at the 2012 International Meet in South Bend. Didn't see my Car (I was at the back of the pack arriving a few minutes after the video finished)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBzvj3sqLJ4 Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKVRWC64rms Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea1SZWfUdfY Part 3

Enjoy.

Allen
    Last edited by studebaker-R2-4-me; 02-11-2014, 10:22 AM. Reason: Title Change
    1964 GT Hawk
    PSMCDR 2014
    Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
    PSMCDR 2013
    Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Real nice! Never saw so many in one place. GREAT to see a all the different models . Funny I have not seen any posts or mention about the Studebaker in the ROSE PARADE this yr. Anybody know yr./mod. ?

Comment

Anyone have a similar video from the 2002 Int'l Meet?
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Allen , that sure was fun , I remember how hot it was, almost killed me ! Wish we could get a little of that heat right now !
        sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

At exactly 1:59 into the part one vid, there's an 8E12 that's a dead ringer for the one I came to California in. Even still has the massive angle iron rear bumper that it wore. I know the current owner looks in here on the forum, I sure wish he'd take a look and see if it matches to a T (as in T-cab). I believe I had added the door and corner trim mouldings like this one wears. I can't see the dash in this clip. If I could - and it had the cyclops eye speedo in place, there'd be no doubt!
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Allen thanks for posting this ! in video 3 you can see Cyndi and I pass by in our black 64 R2 Commander and behind it is my friend Jay in behind the wheel of our 63 white R3 powered Avanti . We are members of the Michiana chapter and worked as a team to pull this off so to continue these type of meets volunteers are needed . I want encourage any Stude owner to help the local chapter in any way they can ! Ed

Comment

A Great 3 Part Video Set! There was a Black and White '55 Speedster driving by in Video #1 with the SB Paint scheme; the complete upper part above the Butterknife painted White, with Wire Wheels, White Fog Lights Mounted outboard, Wide White Walls and lowered, and someone Said: "there's Ed!". Is that our SN-60?
              Last edited by StudeRich; 02-08-2014, 08:00 PM.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

We are the last Lark before the Rolling Stoneabaker in the 3rd video.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                  A Great 3 Part Video Set! There was a Black and White '55 Speedster driving by in Video #1 with the SB Paint scheme; the complete upper part above the Butterknife painted White, with Wire Wheels, White Fog Lights Mounted outboard, Wide White Walls and lowered, and someone Said: "there's Ed!". Is that our SN-60?
                  That car belongs to Ervin and Robyn Souder from Enderby, British Columbia. The car has a late model fuel injected LS1 motor in it. It's very nicely done. I think the Ed they were calling out was forum member Ed Ellis who has the very loud black 53 Starliner. It has a twin supercharged 289 in it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1265.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	1687719 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1419.jpg
Size:	110.2 KB
ID:	1687720 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1418.jpg
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	1687721
                  Last edited by Pat Dilling; 02-08-2014, 09:54 PM.
                  Pat Dilling
                  Olivehurst, CA
                  Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

The videos were made by our forum creator, Bob Shaw. Nice work Bob!
                    sigpic
                    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Loud 53

Originally posted by Pat Dilling View Post
                      That car belongs to Ervin and Robyn Souder from Enderby, British Columbia. The car has a late model fuel injected LS1 motor in it. It's very nicely done. I think the Ed they were calling out was forum member Ed Ellis who has the very loud black 53 Starliner. It has a twin supercharged 289 in it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32244[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]32245[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]32246[/ATTACH]
                      Pat, you are right it was my black 53 Starliner and you're right it was too loud! When I got home I put a second pair of flow masters on it in an effort to quiet it down and keep the neighbors off my back. Hopefully I will have it at Dover in July. See ya then?
                      ed ellis

sigpic

the "SUPER COUPE"

Comment

Glad to hear you have made it stealthier Ed. I doubt I will be making the cross country trek this year. Might make it to St Louis in 2015. Route 66 is on my bucket list.
                        Pat Dilling
                        Olivehurst, CA
                        Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Originally posted by Halibrand1 View Post
                          Allen thanks for posting this ! in video 3 you can see Cyndi and I pass by in our black 64 R2 Commander and behind it is my friend Jay in behind the wheel of our 63 white R3 powered Avanti . We are members of the Michiana chapter and worked as a team to pull this off so to continue these type of meets volunteers are needed . I want encourage any Stude owner to help the local chapter in any way they can ! Ed

Hey Ed,

I was watching to see who I knew on these videos. Your Commander is unmistakable with those Halibrands on the car. Cyndi was looking pretty casual hanging out on that hot day. I have to re-look at it again to catch Jay in your Avanti.

Best Regards

Allen
                          1964 GT Hawk
                          PSMCDR 2014
                          Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
                          PSMCDR 2013
                          Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

I spied BAMS50 in the 2nd video.

Driving and walking!
                            61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for sharing the videos. We were there for a few hours on Thursday and saw the cars at the fairground. Missed the parade and regret it.
                              "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

Working...
                              X