And we have liftoff...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And we have liftoff...

I took the body of my '37 President coupe off the frame today. It's astonishing what one person can do with the right tools. I guess I'm 'way beyond the point of no return on whether to do a full restoration or not. TomClick image for larger version

Name:	presidentdisassemblybodyofffeb62014 004.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	1742514Click image for larger version

Name:	presidentdisassemblybodyofffeb62014 005.jpg
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	1742515Click image for larger version

Name:	presidentdisassemblybodyofffeb62014 010.jpg
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	1742516Click image for larger version

Name:	presidentdisassemblybodyofffeb62014 012.jpg
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	1742517

Pretty machine...
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I have barn envy...

Comment

You say full restoration or not, looking at these pictures it looks like some nice work was done along the way already.when I first looked at the first pic,I thought it was in a museum environment
        Originally posted by tomlewis View Post
        I took the body of my '37 President coupe off the frame today. It's astonishing what one person can do with the right tools. I guess I'm 'way beyond the point of no return on whether to do a full restoration or not. Tom[ATTACH=CONFIG]32174[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]32175[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]32176[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]32177[/ATTACH]
        Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Unfortunately not everyone has a cool shop with a electric hoist on a sliding rail like that, COOL!

I like the Loft with the neat Railings.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Beautiful place to work and a great car to work on. Have fun.
            "In the heart of Arkansas."
            Searcy, Arkansas
            1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
            1952 2R pickup

Comment

I'm with Wayne. I have to work out in the open. At least I have a concrete driveway. Now that it's winter I have shade most of the day thanks to the big tree next to the fence. Note to self-use that Harbor Freight coupon for the 10X20 canopy.
              59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
              60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
              61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
              62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
              62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
              62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
              63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
              63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
              64 Zip Van
              66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
              66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Like the shape of the rear window.

Comment

Looking forward to more pictures as you progress. A great looking body style to start with.

Comment

Tom,
                    Looks like you are well on your way to having another beautiful '37. I can't wait to see this one!
                    George Rohrbach

Comment

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
                      You say full restoration or not, looking at these pictures it looks like some nice work was done along the way already.when I first looked at the first pic,I thought it was in a museum environment
                      Wow! With the paint already on the body...looks like you are a bit "off-sequence" for a full restoration. However, it is also a good example of how individualized the processes of our hobby can be. One thing, for sure...you were not paralyzed into "doing nothing" while weighing your options. The pictures you posted shows you take your time to think things through by the way you padded and placed the lifting straps.

This may also indicate that (like my projects) you suffer from "mission-creep," as the project grows beyond your initial intent and scope of work needing to be done. "Mission-creep" is a big topic in my household...like when my wife and I are out and she says she needs to dart into the grocery store for milk and bread. Then...what seems like hours later...we emerge with an overloaded buggy and fill up the trunk!
                      John Clary
                      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by Warren Webb View Post
                        I'm with Wayne. I have to work out in the open. At least I have a concrete driveway. Now that it's winter I have shade most of the day thanks to the big tree next to the fence. Note to self-use that Harbor Freight coupon for the 10X20 canopy.
                        Your in CALIFORNIA man!....who needs walls or even a roof out there

Comment

You will be blessing that rear window mechanism when you "re-install" it. But the effort is well worth it as the swing out feature is really cool. Possibly unique, I'm unaware of any prewar make other than Studebaker havng it. (That claim will probably ensure twenty others will be offered up for consideration.)
                          sigpic
                          Lark Parker --Just an innocent possum strolling down life's highway.

Comment

WOW, Really nice garage, and equipment. BUT, it appears that you should be putting that beautiful car together rather than taking it apart.

Comment

Man! What a clean/uncluttered, you need more junk.
                              Jerry Forrester
                              Forrester's Chrome
                              Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Working...
                              X