Old f_ _ rts last hurrah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old f_ _ rts last hurrah

How many of you old F--ts think you might be building your Last Hurrah??????? Besides Me!! LOL LOL LOL

I am 73 and I know for sure the 56 Parkview is the last one. I have a 56 Sedanet but it will never happen. It's safe in the barn.

Comment

Remember that Indian Chief in "Little Big Man"?
      He went up on the hill to die........Thinking he was dead, a little rain woke him up.
      His comment......."Oh S__t"
      So...It ain't over, they ain't no last hurrahs, 'til the fat lady is really belting out the tune.............
      Studebakers will always be there for you to restore.
      Last edited by showbizkid; 02-07-2014, 09:30 AM.

Comment

I'm Only 51 But My Current Project Is My First And Last.
        I'll Have Other Cars But I'll Buy Them Already Done.

Dean.

Comment

At 71 I must admit that I'm progressing more slowly and find golf more and more of a distraction but I can't see not having a project underway anytime in the future.

It's going to take more than age to take the tools out of my hand and the creativity from my mind.

Bob

Comment

When my '47 M5 was done, I said never again.
            I bought the wife a '50 Starlight Coupe, which was finished with a S10 chassis and V6 engine.
            It has all the power options....She loves it.
            Silly me.......Now a '57 Golden Hawk is in my life, going through resto hell.
            Like I said, when you got the fever, It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings

Comment

I'll never say never. But my mind makes dates my body can't keep.
              101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Someone asked me why I am so busy with these projects, now that I am retired. My explanation was as follows: For the first 15 years, you are just a kid and don't accomplish much. Then you are productive up to a point, and finally, for the last 15 years you slow down and are not so productive. So, I figure I need to get my projects done by the time I am 85, because I won't be so productive from 85 to 100.
                Trying to build a 48 Studebaker for the 21st century.
                See more of my projects at stilettoman.info

Comment

Originally posted by dean pearson View Post
                  I'm Only 51 But My Current Project Is My First And Last.
                  I'll Have Other Cars But I'll Buy Them Already Done.

Dean.
                  Dean
                  I'II drink to that.The next vehicle (Studebaker)I buy will be a restomod pick up and complete, ready to go.I will go over it with a magnifying glass...I won't take some guys word 2000 miles away...
                  Tony

Comment

I finally sold my '32 Studebaker, I just couldn't justify spending $20K to make a $12K car and being 70 doesn't help. Grandkids aren't interested in anything that doesn't have a game associated with it.

Comment

At 66 my '55 Champion 2 Door Delux was my last. Now that I have retired the funds are not there to start another one. I hope to enjoy this one for a few more years and pass it on to my son who loves the hobby but with 3 small kids and a USAF income can't spend his extra $$ on cars right now. I hope I live long enough to see him and his kids enjoy "Granddaddy's" old Studebaker...

Comment

Originally posted by 48skyliner View Post
                        Someone asked me why I am so busy with these projects, now that I am retired. My explanation was as follows: For the first 15 years, you are just a kid and don't accomplish much. Then you are productive up to a point, and finally, for the last 15 years you slow down and are not so productive. So, I figure I need to get my projects done by the time I am 85, because I won't be so productive from 85 to 100.
                        I like this explanition. LOL

Comment

At 49 just getting started on my 53. I have lots more I want to restore. Post war business coupe. I passed up a 63 Avanti some years back and I need to correct my mistake. 48 M series truck is the other one I'll tackle.

Comment

My last harrah was just a har, Tom Miller got the rah part.
                            per

On the bright side -- it couldn't be in better hands and has good future prospects.
                            sigpic
                            Lark Parker --Just an innocent possum strolling down life's highway.

Comment

I said I was only going to do one (the Bullet Nose) and then I bought the truck because it was taking too long to get the 51 done. I said I would just leave the original champion 6 in the truck and just use it to drive around and then I had the truck upgraded too.

Now I can say I'm done. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.
                              Jon Stalnaker
                              Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Working...
                              X