Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Just joined this forum.

My father purchased a new 1951 Champion in Chambersburg, PA.

In 1956, then living in Lancaster County, PA, I found a 1952 Champion at the local Chevy dealer.
    The Champion had only 17,000 GENUINE miles on it, and was problem-free.
    I was about to start college, and persuaded my father to purchase it for me (cost $600).

I used the Champion for over four years, until I replaced it with a "four-on-the-floor" English Austin Cambridge sedan
    (which I kept only one year because the engine ran 4000 rpm at 60 mph, which pained me to contemplate.)

I always loved my Studebaker.

Welcome to the forum!
    Keep away from those British cars and buy another Studebaker.

Robert Kapteyn

Comment

Don't listen to these snobs. I bought a 54 Austin A40 in the late 50's as a beater. Got 35 MPG. My 53 K was getting only 22. Still have 2 MGC's. And welcome to the forum.

Comment

Welcome to the forum. My second Studebaker was a 52 Champion.
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

Welcome, indeed. Time to get another Studebaker.
          Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Originally posted by jbnimble View Post
            I used the Champion for over four years, until I replaced it with a "four-on-the-floor" English Austin Cambridge sedan
            (which I kept only one year because the engine ran 4000 rpm at 60 mph, which pained me to contemplate.)
            Austins were not bad cars at all. http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ight=CAMBRIDGE

Craig

Comment

Welcome. I have owned three British sports cars over the years and loved each one. My Studebakers have problems from time to time as did those three cars. Glad to have you with us.
              Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser
              Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

JB--Welcome to the forum!! Since you are so close, you may want to come to the Studebaker York Swap Meet on March 6,7,8 2014. Details can be found at www.sdckeystoneregion.com You may just find the Studebaker you are looking for there at a very reasonable price. Again, welcome-great bunch of people here. Gordon

Comment

Working...
                X