X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday 2-4-14 eye candy

Two for Tuesday!!
    Attached Files

Good settings for both photos, Rich; thanks.

Cicero IN, home of the fire truck, is still a distant but nonetheless bedroom community NE of Indianapolis, immediately north of Jim Turner's Noblesville. In the early 1950s, there would have been many gravel and dirt roads in and around around Cicero in what was then still-largely rural Hamilton County, necessitating the truck's agressive rear tires to get to farm and field fires without getting stuck. 'Love 'em!

(OK, Rich, now get to work. 'Big snow coming later today!) BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Cicero is about 5 miles from my home, and YES they still have the Studebaker Fire Truck! The sister truck to that one went to Carmel In. just south of me. It was then sold to "somebody that was going to restore it" but it was left out in a field halfway between Noblesville & Kokomo for years. Then came along 4 or 5 Fire Fighters from Westfield Indiana that purchased it and have it in a building in downtown Westfield. The last I knew, they were working on it, but that has been about 3 years ago.

Jim
      "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
      their Memorials!

Comment

Gulp! I think I just went into cardiac arrest looking at that beautiful black 1937 Express Coupe. That has to be one of the most beautiful pickup trucks ever built.
        Ed Sallia
        Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

The Coupe Express looks like it is ready for a formal gathering all dressed up in a tux. Absolutely gorgeous.
          Joe Roberts
          '61 R1 Champ
          '65 Cruiser
          Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

OMG... that CE is drop-dead stunning in that color with the wide-whites. oh la la! Thanks for posting. Junior.
            sigpic
            1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Working...
            X