The 52 on the cover of Feb 2014 TW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 52 on the cover of Feb 2014 TW

Did anyone besides me notice the wheels on the car the rear is canted out at the bottom and the front are canted in at the botom, Looks like the passenger side is jacked up for the photo. Also notice how close the front bumper on the drivers side is closer to the ground. Not knocking the car, it is beautiful and i wish i owned it. Just seem like flatter ground would be so much easier to find. But who says Studebaker people do things the easy way.
    101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. Uneven ground and grass can make things look a bit off. That sharp car is the same color combination as the Starliner I had considered buying before Lenard's 52 sedan became available.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

I think that the odd angles are due to the uneven ground.
      I never understood why many people take pictures of their cars "out standing in their fields" rather than in their normal habitat of pavement (like the other three cover pictures).
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I think the cover photo of this beautiful '52 Studie looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
          I think that the odd angles are due to the uneven ground.
          I never understood why many people take pictures of their cars "out standing in their fields" rather than in their normal habitat of pavement (like the other three cover pictures).
          A good many factory photographs, regardless of the manufacturer, show vehicles parked on well-manicured lawns.

Craig

Comment

Working...
          X