Excalibur and Studebaker content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excalibur and Studebaker content

Hope the link works. Studebaker content from Hemmings.
    1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Thanks for the link, George.
    This brings back memories of my friend, Jerry Bowden's restoration shop in Cold Spring, NY. In 1971, he named the shop Contemporary Classics, Brooks Stevens' terminology. He primarily worked on Studebakers at that time. Rich Taylor did a book and named it "Contemporary Classics". I helped to round up many of the cars for the book and was there when the pictures were taken, including my 1953 Commander Starliner.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
      Rich Taylor did a book and named it "Contemporary Classics". I helped to round up many of the cars for the book and was there when the pictures were taken, including my 1953 Commander Starliner.
      I still have that book in my collection. I scanned your '53 from my copy here: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ther+bookstore

Craig

Comment

Gary,

I, also, remember Jerry Bowden.
        1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

I got an email from Alice Preston about the anniversary gathering. Wish I had the time to take my X and go.

Comment

Working...
          X